Business Development Manager (International)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for developing, implementing, executing and managing the strategic business development initiatives for the International business unit, focusing on assigned product lines. This individual leads business development initiatives in order to meet company targets for business unit growth, retention and profitability in assigned markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Initiate and lead business development initiatives and communications, in collaboration with the marketing department and the International business unit senior management, which are consistent with the company’s overall growth strategy.
• Develop and manage business development pipeline, along with creating and managing direction, evaluation and execution of RFIs, RFPs, RFQs in collaboration with marketing and business unit senior management. This includes needs analysis of potential clients, technical presentations, pricing, contract negotiations and account strategies for client penetration and retention.
• Solicit companies for ongoing opportunities for assigned customer markets, following a defined account development and management process.
• Prepare professional and comprehensive proposals to prospective customers. Personally present proposals and contracts to prospective customers. Complete sales paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion. Document all proposals and estimates and communicate customer needs and expectations to applicable parties.
• Work with other business unit leaders to assist developing lead generation and sales strategy and work with International business unit senior management to create budget plans, in coordination with finance.
• Create administration and relevant reporting and planning systems pertaining to sales activities.
• Networking with potential attendance, participation, contributions and active engagement in business, trade and professional organizations in pursuit of achieving business unit, professional and self-development goals.
• Target Relocation Move Management companies (RMC’s) and other markets of opportunity. Focus on boutique size companies to build our market position in this market sector by locating, defining and closing business relationships and expanding our footprint to include larger RMC opportunities.
• Close new business opportunities by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience and demonstrated achievement in sales, preferably in a consultative or solutions-based selling environment.
• Experience managing a sales territory, with accountability for YoY profitable revenue growth.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM or similar CRM application.
• Experience preparing and presenting sales proposals and RFP responses in a team-selling environment.
• Experience working in international/cross-cultural environment highly desirable.
• Confident and dynamic personality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail with respect to accuracy, proofreading and accuracy.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what is necessary to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external contributors and stakeholders of all levels in an organization.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors or Associates degree in marketing, business administration, communications or technical field preferred. Minimum four to six years of experience in sales as an individual contributor. Ideal candidate will possess industry experience in international moving, relocation or logistics.
Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend documents written in English to an above average competency. Ability to support content curation and creation, reports generation and general correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to internal or external clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure at an Intermediate to Advanced level. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and type. The employee needs to be able to hear well enough to communicate both internally and externally. The employee must be able to see well enough to read written items and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The working conditions are those of a normal office with the absence of disagreeable elements.
Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics
BusinessView all jobs at Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics