Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic - Special Projects
Interstate Mechanical Contractors Knoxville, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
A Journeyman Sheet Metal Mechanic-Special Projects performs general labor and plumbing assistance to perform the day-to-day activities. Assembles, installs, and repairs duct, fittings, and fixtures of heating equipment, and exhaust systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal such as galvanized iron, copper, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications
- Repairs and maintains sheet metal products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A minimum of four (4) years' experience as a sheet metal mechanic; or successful completion of four (4) year apprenticeship program in field.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro