The store manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the store. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the workforce, making staffing decisions (i.e., hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the store's financial performance, and managing safety and security within the store. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles, under the guidance of Interstate Hotels and Resorts Management Company.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Displays a "customer comes first" attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to store partners to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals. Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to the store team to achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure partner development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and regularly uses discretion to filter communications to the store team. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
Summary of Experience
- Progressively responsible retail experience 3 years
- Supervision 1 year
- Experience analyzing financial reports
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage store operations independently
- Ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple situations simultaneously
- Ability to manage resources to ensure that established service levels are achieved at all times
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Raleigh North Carolina
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Our People are the Key to our Success
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company with over 430 hotels and 76,000 rooms located throughout the United States and around the world. Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry and promises a bright future for our hard-working associates building their careers with us.