Expired: 14 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BASIC PURPOSE: To lead and manage the front of the house food and beverage and front office disciplines.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for supervising the daily operations of each area assigned and managing the overall guest experience of the hotel and directly overseeing Front Office and FOH F&B - breakfast, In-Room Dining, Amenities, Pool, Big Bar & Hotel Bar. In addition must strive to achieve customer satisfactions, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchiser policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
1. Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Food & Beverage to ensure compliance with SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
2. Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality
3. Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline, terminate, or recommend such action as appropriate.
4. Manage aspects of accounting including but not limited to; accounts receivable, accounts payable, charge-backs, all IHR required reports.
5. Liaise with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies and provide back up support to sales department to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues.
6. Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance.
Non- Essential Functions:
Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.Perform the Manger on Duty functions as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-2 years supervisory experience in a Hotel or F&B, customer relations position.
Skills and Abilities: Requires knowledge of discipline specific procedures and services and general knowledge of other departments in the hotel. Requires supervision/management skills. Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction. Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable. Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an EEO/AA/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans Employer. Click here and here to navigate to the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3830 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Our People are the Key to our Success
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is the leading global hotel management company with over 430 hotels and 76,000 rooms located throughout the United States and around the world. Our rich history spanning 55 years of innovation, consistency and success is unmatched in the hospitality industry and promises a bright future for our hard-working associates building their careers with us.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
Get fresh F&B Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!