Diesel Mechanic / Mobile Road Service
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Interstate Fleet Services, a nationwide leader in the mobile road service has a position for a Mobile Diesel Mechanic in our North Jersey / New York area operation. You'll work from home being on call (no office to report to) and drive to our customers breakdown or work-site locations upon being dispatched and perform emergency repairs when their vehicles has a breakdown.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with dispatchers & customers clearly and providing excellent customer service.
- Troubleshooting and repairing trucks, trailers, buses, RV's etc on roadside and or work-site. Some common repairs include no starts, brake chambers, brakes, starters, alternators, coolant hoses, air leaks, tires, electrical repairs, trailer repairs, removing and replacing hydraulic lines etc. Welding experience a plus.
- Performing comprehensive vehicle inspections when necessary.
- Abiding by all safety directives, company polices and procedures.
- Experience with class 6-8 truck maintenance and repair. (Recent graduates from diesel school welcome to apply.)
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to drive to client sites / breakdown locations to repair and maintenance vehicles mostly on a nontraditional schedule.
- Strong communication skills and a professional approach to working directly with customers.
- Ability to diagnose failures and observe for unreported problems
- Effective Communication with dispatcher on arrivals, departures and job progress
- Must have road warrior mentality
- Must have own basic hand tools
- Must live in the Austin area
- Experience as a Diesel Mechanic / Service Tech either in a shop or doing road service.
- Willing to work on call irregular hours on the roadside in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid drivers license (No CDL Required)
- Be able to pass a Pre Employment Drug Test and pass all random testing after hire.
What We Provide
- Excellent Pay Structure with a guaranteed weekly minimum. (Regardless of your workload)
- Assigned Service Truck with Compressor, Generator, Welder, Torches, Computer Diagnostics & A Stock of Commonly Used Parts. (All you need to provide are your own hand tools)
- Company Credit Card For Fuel, Parts, Etc.
- Long Term Job Security (95% of our technicians have been with us for 5+ years)
If this sounds like the type of challenging and rewarding environment you'd like to be a part of, submit your resume for consideration.
We're is always looking to add new faces to our company. We offer competitive pay and amazing job stability. Feel free to browse through the open positions that we currently have throughout the country. To apply, simply submit your resume for consideration. Should you have any questions or concerns along the way, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 589-9281 Ext 6. with any questions that you may have.
Interstate Fleet Services
Interstate Fleet Services is a nationwide industry leader that provides On-Site Emergency Road Service on trucks, trailers, buses, RV' and equipment. We're is always looking to add new faces to our company. We offer competitive pay and amazing job stability. Feel free to browse through the open positions that we currently have throughout the country. To apply, simply submit your resume for consideration. Should you have any questions or concerns along the way, please feel free to give us a call at (888) 589-9281 Ext 6. with any questions that you may have.