Founded in 1957, Interstate was one of the world’s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors. Our early focus was product service and support, and our service offerings remain one of the cornerstones of our business. For over 50 years, we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Diesel Technician to help us in that growth.
Interstate PowerSystems is a distributor for Detroit Diesel Engines, Allison Transmissions, MTU-Engines, Carrier Transport Refrigeration, MTU Onsite Energy Generators, and Deutz Engines and Generators. We have been a market leader in the service industry for over 50 years, and we have excelled at providing solutions and adding value for our customers. Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Diesel Technician to help us in that growth.
Allison Transmission Technicians fulfill a critical role in our operations. Employing over 600 technicians, Interstate provides services to a wide range of industries. As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to provide “Pride in Service”. We do this by providing our technicians with the factory training they need to accomplish and sustain the highest efficiency possible.
- Primary focus on Transmission related issues
- Diesel engines and bumper-to-bumper truck repairs
- Inspect, diagnose and repair transmission non-conformance
- Diagnose and repair basic equipment wiring
- Performs other routine duties
- High school degree or equivalent
- Technical degree or Allison certification a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Allison transmissions
- Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent compensation
- Continuing certification training
- Generous benefits including insurance options, vacation, PTO and holiday pay, 401(k) with employer match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
I-State is an Equal Opportunity and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.