Diesel Mechanic Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
We are looking for an experienced Diesel Technician to work the midnight shift.
The primary function of this position includes, but is not limited to, performing the maintenance, service, and repairs of Class 7 and 8 tractor trailers and related mechanical components.
Diagnostics and repairs of the tractor and trailer fleet, including but not limited to engines, transmissions, brake systems, ABS, electronic components, air systems, APU units, air conditioning/heating systems, tractor body parts, trailer body suspension, brakes, ABS and electronic components.
Minor/major trailer damage repairs.
Preventative maintenance to comply with DOT regulations.
Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
Operate all equipment in a safe manner and maintain a clean work area in compliance with established safety standards.
Accurately perform required documentation of equipment scheduled for inspection and repair in a timely manner.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a journey-level diesel mechanic or a 2-year associates degree.
Possess a complete set of hand tools up to ½ inch.
Class A CDL and PA State Inspection License preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and written.
- General knowledge and proficient use of a computer and computer programs is required for completion of shop work orders and recordkeeping.
- Ability to interact effectively, and courteously with drivers and other employees
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Welding skills are a plus.
We offer a competitive wage package based on experience and credentials, 401K / Profit Sharing Program. Health insurance program plus optional Eye, Dental and Disability. Paid holidays and paid time off.
Interstate Chemical Co., Inc.
We are a well established privately owned distributor of commodity chemicals headquartered in Pennsylvania. With offices throughout the northeast, midwest and western United States, we service over 25 states. In addition to distribution, our portfolio also includes the manufacturing of a variety of specialty chemical products, Industrial Chemicals, environmental services and transportation.
2797 Freedland RoadHermitage, PA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Interstate Chemical Co., Inc.