Interstate Bank Amarillo, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical,
Position can be Housed at Perryton or Amarillo, Texas.
Responsible for performing an independent monitoring and assessment of operation functions and compliance with banking laws and regulations.
Responsible for monitoring compliance with laws and regulations through regular testing of controls, procedures and transactions. The Officer will communicate and coordinate effective compliance monitoring efforts for applicable consumer protection regulations. Additionally, the Compliance Officer will evaluate changes in industry practices and legal/regulatory requirements and ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance program.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory changes and legal developments to assess impact and reviews and updates Bank policies and procedures based on regulatory changes, internal audit and external examinations conducted by regulatory agencies.
- Provides an unbiased review and evaluation to ensure compliance issues/concerns within the Bank are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for auditing on a test basis to assess compliance with regulations and ensures adherence to policies. Provides reports to keep management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Works with department managers to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training of all employees and managers. Provides a resource for bank personnel needing an interpretation of regulatory requirements.
- Provides assistance to various departments in the formulation or revision of forms, advertising material and other disclosure documents.
- Acts as liaison with regulators and coordinates regulatory examinations. Interprets requests for information and coordinates meetings accordingly. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies or procedures by evaluating or recommending corrective action. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance risk. Develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Participates in bank-wide planning and policy development and may serve on various committees.
- Making recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Working with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function.
- Working closely with all Bank departments to monitor implementation and compliance of Bank policies and procedures.
- Maintaining relationships with outside accountants, government agencies and examiners
- Conducting or assisting in reviews of financial, information technology and human resource activities to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed.
- Determining whether areas reviewed are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, and in a manner consistent with both organizational objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
- Surveying functions and activities in assigned areas under review to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control in achieving established objectives.
- Assisting in the determination of the direction and approach of proposed reviews.
- Assisting in the determination of the audit procedures to be used.
- Planning the theory and scope of the audit, and assisting in the preparation audit programs.
- Assessing risks and determining the effectiveness of controls and the potential impact of control failures through evaluation of Bank procedures and systems in accordance with Institute of Internal Audit Standards.
- Recommending improvements in current standards and the implementation of process changes in related areas.
- Follow all other instructions and perform any other job-related duties.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- 2 years’ experience from a financial institution, a regulatory agency and/or a Bank Certified Compliance program.
- Experience with bank accounting and bank operations.
- Excellent PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, internet, and internal software.
- Strong verbal, negotiation and presentation skills in order to achieve sales objectives in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive understanding of banking regulations and standards
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, research, planning, organizations and communication skills
Traditional retail office environment
Interstate Bank promotes an equal opportunity workplace, which includes reasonable accommodations of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding the physical demands of this job.
Comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability, PTO, 401 (k) and tuition reimbursement.
Interstate BankWhy Work Here?
We are truly like a family at Interstate Bank with kind and friendly employees who will be there to support you both in and out of the Bank!
5085 Coulter St.Amarillo, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Interstate Bank