Human Resources Manager
Intersign Corporation Chattanooga, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
As the Human Resource Manager for Intersign Corporation you are on the front line of our finest asset (Sign Artisans) and corporate culture. You will work with all Sign Artisans, especially our department managers and leads, to enhance our work environment all the while communicating expectations of all Sign Artisans. The primary focus is the Sign Artisans and providing the best available and financially responsible wage and benefit structure and opportunity for internal growth.
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the HR department.
Intersign is looking for someone to enhance our Human Resource dept , define and implement HR best practices and systems for growing our human capital. Must have a strong understanding of HR systems, benefit plans and wage structure systems. This position will manage those who will complete weekly payroll, recruit and onboard/offboard artisans, manage our various benefit options, 401K enrollment, evaluation process, reward and discipline practices, accident prevention, investigation, and reporting. This position reports to the COO, CEO and will transition to reporting to the CFO in the future
* Supervise and build a solid HR team to provide a safe, fair and harmonious work environment and culture;
* Analyze and complete wage and salary structure for all positions to recommend the ranges of pay and benefits to keep Intersign competitive with similar local/regional companies;
* Communicates directives advising department managers and leads of company policy
regarding artisans compensation, evaluations, Safety and employee benefits;
* Consults with legal council to ensure that our policies comply with federal and state law that
affect HR functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
These include FMLA, ADA, OSHA, FSLA & DOL;
* Implements and oversees recruitment program that reaches out to many areas to provide
the best possible candidates to review applications and interview for open positions;
* Manages and oversees benefit plans including Health/Dental, LT/ST Disability, Life Ins., 401K, vacation/sick pay, workers comp, tuition reimbursement, etc.;
* Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance evaluation, safety, and sexual harassment;
* Manage those who review and revise the HR policy handbook to reflect changing economic trends, legislation, and organizational goals;
* Organize and deliver engaging presentations to upper management regarding HR related
issues, policies, and practices:
* Oversee artisan who keeps records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and 401K plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and artisan statistics for reporting;
* Provides other Intersign managers with information required by them to carry out his/her assigned responsibilities;
* Determines the necessary people power required to perform dept functions; selects and maintains qualified personnel; recommends compensation for same;
Candidate should have good organizational and coaching skills with the ability to work and communicate with a wide array of individual personalities. Ability to work with managers from all functional areas of the company is a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should have a college degree, SHRM-SCP Certification, with 4-6+ years of HR management experience and management of others in HR disciplines. Have working knowledge of benefit plan administration and payroll systems.
Must possess the ability to speak, read, understand, and write English. Must also maintain positive communications both oral and written between all internal departments and vendors.
Advanced computer skills on MS Office & MS Excel desired. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Must possess the ability to compute rate ratios, percentages, and US dollars.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding within a manufacturing environment. Must possess the ability to communicate a variety of instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
General safety and housekeeping methods should be trained, understood, and communicated.
While performing the duties of this position, the HR Manager will require sitting three (3) to four (4) hours at a stretch and lifting 10-15 pounds occasionally. She/He will work in environmentally controlled areas and be subject to all areas connected to the production/assembly and shipping and receiving departments. HR Manager is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk, see, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an artisan to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Personal Protective Equipment:
No personal protective equipment is required for this position, but may be required to adhere to any requirements in any other department.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. HR Manager is exposed to any number of elements but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
HR Manager must be comfortable working with all Intersign departments and Sign Artisans;
Position requirements include the ability to work as part of a team, maintain a good attitude, and exhibit positive communication skills.
Salaried position, based on experience. Opportunity to earn incentive bonuses.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. As with any position at ISC, you may be asked to complete many different jobs and or tasks that will benefit the customer and company at any time.
Intersign CorporationWhy Work Here?
We are moving fast to become the largest interior signage supplier in the United States. Fitness area onsite, great perks, & other benefits.
Intersign Corporation is excited to announce that we are now hiring artisans. We are moving fast to become the largest interior signage supplier in the United States and to meet those demands Intersign Corporation has positions open. Artisans will work to help create interior ADA compliant signage for major hotel brands like Hilton Hotels, Marriott International, InterContinental Hotel Group, Wyndham Hotels, Best Western, and more, In addition, to hotels, we also supply Interior signage to healthcare facilities such as Brookdale, Life Care Center of American, Bloom Senior Living and general businesses such as FedEx.
BusinessView all jobs at Intersign Corporation