Interserv LP is a leading construction company specializing in Hotel Renovations. We are seeking an ambitious, energetic and organized individual with the ability to assist on projects. Candidate will work with our Project Executives and Principals to assist with current projects. Candidate should expect to promote to Superintendent after gaining significant knowledge and experience in carrying out the responsibilities as Assistant Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles PCO/CO package for owner approval, with necessary back up
- Assemble and submit Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Assist with coordination of the development and resolution of punch lists
- Assist with coordination of the shop drawing/submittal review and approval process Assist with determining the merit of change order requests
- Maintains photographic/video documentation of dispute/claim issues
- Gathers the necessary documentation for dispute issues and maintains up-to-date dispute files
- Tracks PCOs/COs
- Logs & tracks RFIs
- Logs and maintains office copies of submittals
- Logs and tracks materials received
- Maintains of a set of contract drawings with addenda, RFI, change orders, etc.
- Prepare and input daily reports
- Participates in construction start-up
- Prepares meeting minutes for managers' review
- Prepares project documents
- Develop and maintain a library for guarantees, warranties, O&M manuals, record drawings, spare parts, keys, attic stock, etc.
- Receives from contractor and delivers to the owner contract required guarantees, warranties, O&M manuals, record drawings, spare parts, attic stock, etc.
- Reviews documents to become knowledgeable about the project
- Verifies that the contractor is maintaining project as-built drawings
- Communicate with high level managers and field personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the review of work progress.
Education & Skills Required:
- Minimum (3+) years of Superintendent Assistant experience in construction.
- Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience.
- Exceptional communication skills - (both written and verbal).
- Experience including some of the following elements is required: Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Submittals, Estimates, Change Orders, Plan Quantity Surveys, Project Documents Distribution and Organization, Large Format Printing, Utility Locates Processing, Maintaining Computer Project Schedules, FDOT Specifications, Municipal Permitting, Bid Documents.
- Travel to multiple states is required
- Company offers relocation opportunity.