Strategic National Account Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are We?
Intersection is an experience-driven Out of Home media and technology company that delivers programming, consumer amenities, and advertising to cities. From free internet access to way-finding to real-time information, our products make city life easier and more sustainable. We further enrich cities with experiential programming that inspires and engages people throughout their day. With valuable, diverse audiences in America's top cities, we provide innovative, data-driven solutions for brands to reach urbanites at scale.
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role?
The Out-of-Home (OOH) industry is growing at an accelerated rate, and Intersection is leading the way. To support the growth, we're expanding our dynamic National Team.
Intersection is seeking a Strategic National Account Director, based in NYC, who is an experienced media professional (5+ years) with a strong sales acumen. The right candidate will be skilled at building relationships with agencies and brands directly, a strategic thinker and planner, and proven at creating new revenue opportunities.
This Strategic National Account Director will bring to the company strong existing client and agency relationships and a detailed understanding of the advertising industry and media landscape. They will be laser focused on growth strategies and skilled at working cross functionally with teams who will support day-to-day agency management efforts. They will also be fluent in the use of audience data and measurement solutions.
This Strategic National Account Director will work as part of a team responsible for driving revenue for OOH and digital OOH, across top DMAs including NYC (on our award-winning platform, LinkNYC), Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, LA, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Portland, Seattle, and SF.
This role will be tasked with personally penetrating Fortune 750 brands directly as well as working with associated agency partners.
This seller's main goals will be focused around developing new revenue channels, shifting share to OOH from competing media, managing senior-level relationships, and increasing client spend.
Within your first month:
- You will gain an understanding of your client's needs and historical campaigns and media preferences
- You will focus on strengthening your client/agency relationships through regular face to face meetings
- You will partner cross-functionally to learn about Intersection's internal teams, systems, our media offerings nationally and competitive landscape in each market
- You will travel to several Intersection markets to experience our media first hand
- You will develop and implement effective national sales and marketing strategies that maximize sales opportunities
Within your first year:
- You will generate revenue from agencies and clients, consistently achieving quarterly and annual targets, and growing spend against goals
- You will retain and grow client base managing a $5mm-10mm book of business, while also driving organic business from new channels
- You will educate prospects and clients on all of Intersection's media assets, tailor custom proposals to meet marketing objectives and create a winning experience for clients that leads to future business
- You will build and maintain deep and complex relationships, to ensure Intersection's portfolio is well represented across all key agencies and accounts
- Use research, analysis, and media landscape knowledge to create rationale and recommendations for proposed solutions
- You will communicate with Management opportunities and challenges as well as pipeline forecasts (utilizing Salesforce on a daily basis)
You're great for this role because:
- You have OOH/DOOH/VOOH advertising experience
- You have proven success meeting and exceeding national advertising sales targets and managing multi-million dollar budgets and books of business
- You have strong agency and direct client/brand relationships and have proven you can develop new business
- You are a self-starter with excellent time management, decision-making skills and a strong work ethic
- You have outstanding communication skills; excellent cross-functional collaboration and teamwork
- You have excellent presentation skills presenting to senior level agency and client contracts
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It's our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it's our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status and all other legally protected characteristics.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Intersection