- Posted: over a month ago
INTERPLASTIC CORPORATION is the leading manufacturer of unsaturated polyester, vinyl ester and specialty resins, gel coats, and colorants under the CoREZYN® and Silmar® brand names for the composites, cast polymer, and solid surface industries. As a pioneer of cutting edge technology, we grow to meet the needs of the composites industry. In addition, all of our manufacturing facilities and research and development laboratories are ISO 9001:2000 certified.
We currently have an opening for an Maintenance Technician at our Minneapolis manufacturing facility.
- Safety - Follow safety rules and, make safety suggestions and encourage safe practices in the workplace. Responsible for making repairs and improvements that comply with Process Safety Management and Management of Change. Resolve assigned work orders, and update work order status in database system.
- Troubleshoot machinery, piping issues, and control circuits, instrumentation/controls. Make necessary repairs and replace parts as needed and perform preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner
- Communication - effectively communicate the repair status and safety issues to production, maintenance, and plant staff
- Teamwork - Work effectively with the maintenance and production teams
- Obtain quotes from approved vendors as needed to assist in the completion of work orders
- Reliability - Punctuality and regularity of attendance are job requirements.
- 1st Shift
The Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Mechanical Skills - Good working knowledge of equipment repair and adjustments on motors, pumps, mixers, gearboxes, and mechanical seals
- Basic pipe fitting skills (threaded pipe, soldered fittings, PVC piping). Welding skills a plus.
- Electrical/Instrumentation skills and be able to Perform basic electrical repairs, including replacement of motors and fuses. Licensed electrician preferred.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and PLC is preferred
- Communication skills – computer, verbal and written skills as well as critical.
- Ability to read equipment drawings, understand repair manuals and/or electrical schematics.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, and be available for off-shift call-in during evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, wear a respirator, perform confined space entries, work on tanks over 20’ tall.
- These tasks also involves frequent walking, standing, lifting and climbing (with harness).
Comprehensive Benefits Package Includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefit Plan Options
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Long Term Disability Plan
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- 401K Plan that includes matching as well as profit sharing
Real EstateView all jobs at Interplastic Corporation