Senior Python Software Engineer - API
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos' valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos' breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
You want to solve problems you can't just Google answers for. You want to deal with real big data in real products that real people use. You want exposure to cutting edge tech, including machine learning at scale, graph databases, and predictive modeling. And you want it all in a high-growth startup.
At Interos, we want to be able to identify real-time risk across every company in our customers' ecosystems and beyond. We are looking for backend Python Engineers with unfettered curiosity and drive to help build "best in the world" experience that customers will love!
Join the close-knit engineer team at Interos that conceptualizes and develops our industry-leading data-driven Interos Knowledge Graph. Hone your skills in an agile, test-driven environment and have a measurable impact on a well-established, rapidly expanding business.
- Architect, develop, optimize and maintain Interos platform APIs supporting Resilience UI and direct API consumers.
- Write clean, documented and well-crafted code.
- Write unit and integration tests to support continuous delivery of code to production.
- Collaborate with Data Architecture team on design of read models to support efficient data retrieval via the API layer.
- Collaborate with Front End team on defining REST API contracts.
- Establish patterns and practices for communication between services in the Interos distributed micro-service architecture.
- Resolve customer-facing issues and fix bugs.
- Develop practices to enhance code quality and ease of maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field or a foreign equivalent.
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining REST APIs as a service for consumption by internal applications and direct external consumers.
- Solid understanding of REST API design principals.
- A preference for writing mature and maintainable software in Python.
- Tolerance for writing immature, hacky, one-off software in Python.
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices – including unit tests, code review, version control, production monitoring, etc.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and comfortable working in an environment with true continuous delivery.
- Experience developing services and contracts in a micro-service architecture.
- Experience with Python unit testing tools and automated API testing tools.
- Experience consuming other REST APIs.
- Experience with at least one relational database platform and using Python ORMs.
- Very comfortable in an agile environment and able to coach those less familiar in agile methodologies.
- Experience with querying graph databases a plus.
- Experience working with Kafka in an event driven application a plus.
- Collaborative spirit and commitment to communicating well with colleagues in a remote environment as well as in-person.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel Requirements: This position does not require travel.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
- Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
- Colorado Only: The range provided is for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $140,000 - $150,000.
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact HR@interos.ai
AddressArlington County, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Interos, Inc.