Principal DevOps Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2005 by supply chain risk management expert Jennifer Bisceglie, we have grown into the largest and most influential player in the emerging operational resilience space. This past July we achieved $100 million dollars in Series C funding led by the investment firm Night Dragon, with additional participation from Series A and B investors Kleiner Perkins and Venrock. This latest round of funding brings Interos' valuation to $1billion, earning us unicorn status.
Based in Arlington, Va., Interos' breakthrough SaaS platform leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to model the entire business ecosystems of companies into a living global map. Users can drill down to any single supplier, anywhere – helping businesses and government organizations reduce risk, avoid operational disruptions, and achieve dramatically superior resilience and performance. We have seen hypergrowth in the past 3 years and continue to expand our team across the US and several countries in Europe.
We are looking for a motivated Principal Dev/Ops engineer with a desire to work with our growing engineering team to build a cloud infrastructure that supports our solution. We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, who will be able to collaborate cross-functionally and be a leader in establishing our future approach. We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of the subject matter, the underlying tech stack and has the ability to lead our activities. This is a great opportunity to make a mark on the future cloud architecture of a unicorn company that has a global footprint.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, secure, and fault tolerant systems on AWS for the development and test lifecycle of our cloud security product.
- Focus on building Dockerized application components by integrating with AWS EKS and other AWS services.
- Passion for solving challenging issues, automation for the SDLC and infrastructure.
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve common goals.
- Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Commitment to Infrastructure-as-Cod.
- 12 years of related experience in DevOps or related field with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements, preferably from a professional services organization or similar.
- Excellent hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, G.
- Experience with automating technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools, and hardware platforms.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Datadog, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
- DevOps experience with Git, ArgoCD and Helm.
- Strong presentation, verbal communication, and written communications skills.
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is preferred.
Interos is required to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. All Interos employees must be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, unless you have a legally valid medical or religious reason. Any requests for exemptions based on medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be evaluated confidentially by our Chief People Officer after hiring.
*Fully vaccinated means an individual must have received their second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Flexible Paid Time Off (FTO)
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Employer Matching
- Stock Options
- Family Planning reimbursement
- Legal Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Child Tutoring Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- On-site gym and dedicated Peloton room at headquarters
- Company Events (Sports Games, Fitness Competitions, Birthday Celebrations, Contests, Happy Hours)
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
Interos is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AddressArlington County, VA
TechnologyView all jobs at Interos, Inc.