Jr NOC Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and manage configurations of: performance technologies STPs, network routers and firewalls, other network devices as required
- Work closely with the customer service, implementation, engineering, software development, and quality assurance teams to ensure efficient monitoring, troubleshooting, and issue resolution for commercially deployed systems
- Monitor, maintain, and support highly available hosted and wireless operator turnkey platforms
- Assist with customer implementations and configurations
- Assist customers with problem solving multi-party issues in a consultative manner
- Coordinate and report on: operations processes and procedures, scheduled maintenance activities, training programs, trouble tickets, alarms
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking including routing, firewalls, VPNs
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (BASH, PERL)
- Working knowledge of SQL, preferably MySQL
- Strong desire to learn new technology
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
EDUCATION & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years experience with NOC concepts, practices, and procedures
- 4+ years of Linux experience administering web and database servers (LAMP preferred)
- Experience with Nagios, Solarwinds, and/or SNMP monitoring a plus
- SS7 and SMPP protocol experience a plus
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Wireless industry experience is a major plus
- Must be able to travel to customer or remote site locations
- Must be able to work irregular hours (24x7 on-call)
- Must be on-call for support of escalated issues
- Requires in excess of 40 hours / week
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office
- Verification of employment authorization status in the U.S. will be required upon employment
Competitive depending on experience
COMPREHENSIVE & COMPETITIVE BENEFITS:
- Health & Wellness
- Medical (including prescription), dental, & vision for employees and eligible dependents
- Basic & voluntary life insurance
- Long & short term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Work and Life Balance
- Generous paid time off policy (vacation, sick, & holidays)
- Additional Perks
- Employee discounts & assistance services
- Employee referral bonus program
- Casual dress code
- A sharp team to collaborate with
- Games, snacks, and employee fun!
Interop has its World Headquarters in Fort Myers, FL, USA, and Regional Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland; as well Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in Fort Myers, Florida, USA; Dallas, Texas, USA; and Dublin, Ireland.
Interop Technologies is always looking for client-centric, committed individuals with strong problem-solving skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a passion for technology and its influence on the global mobile industry. Qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, or creed, are encouraged to apply for our currently available positions by sending their resumes to Interop Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Get fresh Change Management Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.