- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
This candidate will be part of the technical operations department responsible for the deployment of carrier specific wireless applications across multiple server platforms. Primary responsibilities include assisting with the technical aspects of deploying Interop developed applications as well as various third party applications. This position also requires customer facing planning and coordination with new and existing carriers.
Additional responsibilities include developing deployment guidelines and assisting with the resolution of challenging problems. This position will require a responsible, team oriented, well organized individual with strong technical and communications skills. Candidate must have the ability to handle concurrent issues while adapting quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Understands third generation wireless ancillary service systems (OTA, DM, SMS, MMS, CSC)
- Working knowledge of wireless/telecom industry protocols (SS7, ISDN, SMPP)
- Ability with Bash/Perl scripting languages
- Strong Linux command line administration abilities
- Experience with RedHat Package Management
- Experience with web applications to include a solid understanding of Apache, Ruby on Rails, and PHP
- Knowledge of C++ a benefit
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL database administration including data migration, replication, clustering, and optimization
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies including DNS, DHCP, routing, firewalls, VPNs, network monitoring, SNMP, IP tables, server load balancing, SMTP (SendMail), LDAP and Network TCP-IP, and Linux HA
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices, and security policies and procedures
- Problem solving skills and ability to apply creative tactical solutions to business needs
- Hardware and installation to include setup/configuration of RAID, DRAC, and Bonding
- Rack/Stack as well as cable management experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Problem resolution and troubleshooting (TCP Dump, Wireshark capturing)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years working experience in Linux system administration and server hardening (RedHat EL/CentOS preferred)
- RedHat Certified Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience
· Will require 30% travel
· May require being on call
· May require working in excess of 40 hours / week
· Physical requirements:
- Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment in the office
- Verification of employment authorization status in the U.S. will be required upon employment
· Competitive DOE
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Life and disability insurance
· 401(k) plan
· Robust paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave schedule
· Employee discounts and services
· Employee referral bonus program
· Casual dress code
· A sharp team to collaborate with
Interop has its World Headquarters in Fort Myers, FL, USA, and Regional Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland; as well Network Operations Centers (NOCs) in Fort Myers, Florida, USA; Dallas, Texas, USA; and Dublin, Ireland.
Interop Technologies is always looking for client-centric, committed individuals with strong problem-solving skills, an entrepreneurial attitude, and a passion for technology and its influence on the global mobile industry. Qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, or creed, are encouraged to apply for our currently available positions by sending their resumes to Interop Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Get fresh Applications Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.