POSITION: Vice President, Customer Applications
The Vice President, Applications reports to the EVP, CTO and will have the primary responsibility of owning all applications that fall under the Customer Domain including CRM, Marketing and Registration. They will be expected to lead architecture for the application platform which would include consulting with IT senior leadership. The position is expected to take on solution architecture, program oversight, project management, business, and technical lead roles as needed to ensure the projects are delivered to the stakeholder meeting the program objectives. They will be the primary IT leader for the executive business stakeholders and help guide these initiatives through Collaboration Framework for their applications. They will define/design solutions that will meet the business objectives or goals for the area owned. The Vice President, Applications should be proficient in various documentation standards including UML, Agile epics/user stories, etc. to be able to document the requirements in the needed format for the development teams to effectively build the desired feature, integration, or application. The Vice President, Applications will be a member of the IT Leadership Team and is expected to contribute to the overall direction of technology for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage all applications within the Customer Domain portfolio.
- Develop/enhance Technology roadmap for the Customer Domain portfolio.
- Define application architecture strategies, principles, vision, standards, tools and methodologies.
- Work with all departments and business leaders to define strategic and tactical needs for technology enabled business processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of application deployment projects including, but not limited to business process optimization, requirements analysis and design, configuration, development, conversions, system testing, cut over and production support.
- Provide guidance in product, component and vendor selection as appropriate for specific projects.
- Own the maintenance, support and continued enhancement of all applications within the organization.
- Champion and lead efforts to deploy the use of Collaboration Framework for all significant technology deployment projects for the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners to provide support for outsourced applications.
Make decisions and final recommendations which routinely affect the activities of the organization. Position duties may include responsibility for developing strategic plans for the organization.
Serve as a project lead responsible for oversight of a small project team. The project typically has well defined goals and follows a well-established process (this may be recurring work).
Performs duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
5 years of experience in a senior IT leadership role overseeing enterprise applications with experience in a Customer Domain.
5 years software engineering and architecture experience. Experience with Agile Development processes is strongly preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other Microsoft Enterprise Sales products strongly preferred. Experience with implementing in a Cloud environment is a plus.
- Understand current enterprise application integration capabilities including the use of services-based frameworks and other data integration technologies and strive for continuous improvement.
Must be able to lead a team of Technical Architects/Leads and guide them to efficiently deploy necessary software assets for the company
- Understand concepts of Data architecture including creating/updating data models for key business entities, and documenting reference and master data requirements, providing guidance on data quality with respect to accuracy, currency and usage and provide recommendations related to data security, retention and archival.
Comprehensive knowledge of systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
Experience with implementation of information technology migrations and integrations.
Has advanced professional skills at the level of a "seasoned" professional. Requires extensive knowledge of their discipline and a working knowledge of related fields. Understands information in several unrelated professional disciplines.
NONTECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Creative thinking, problem solving and decision making. Proactive and self-starter.
Has high degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
Responds to and handles unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
Ability to solve problems that are complex, varied and only mildly related to those seen before. Simply determining what the problem is requires major individual effort and/or consultation with others within the department.
A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking may be required to solve highly intricate, technically complex problems. Must be able to develop new and nonstandard approaches. Independent judgment is required to study previously established, often partially relevant guidelines; plan for various interrelated activities; and coordinate such activities within the operating environment or while completing a project.
Ability to completes work that requires developing imaginative and complex methods, procedures, products or systems. This is an important part of the job and results generally affect several departments within the organization.
Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
Requires regular contacts with internal persons of importance and influence involving considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in obtaining desired actions and/or the handling of difficult personal relationships.
Requires regular external contacts to carry out organization programs and to explain specialized matters. Position requires contacts with customers or the public involving persons of some importance on matters requiring explanation and discussion and where the effort to influence becomes important.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
Strong presentation and documentation skills.
Has managerial skills needed for providing limited supervision for one or more functions within a department. Formally plans, assigns, directs, and coordinates the work of these functions. May perform staff evaluations and make recommendations regarding pay and/or performance.
Must have high proficiency in spoken and written English
Experience in Real Estate a plus
Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Sciences/MIS or related field. Graduate school experience in Computer Science, MIS is a plus.