ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ASSISTANT PROFESSORS REQUIRED FOR A College in the UAE to start in January 2020
International Teachers Plus (ITP) is a Teacher Placement Agency offering full recruitment services and a wide variety of International Educational Positions at reputable Schools and College in the Middle East region.
Our client College in the UAE is looking for experienced Senior Instructors to teach in the Electro-Mechanical Engineering program. Senior Lecturers are subject matter experts whose primary role is to teach courses in which they are experts to students in a practical learner centred environment. The aim of the curriculum is to help students develop the basic mathematics, science, mechatronics engineering technology and practical skills necessary to function effectively in an international work environment and to implement and realize curriculum. Every faculty member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices and encourage alignment of teaching, Learning, and assessment practices with instructional and delivery methods, in line with related performance improvement standards and program learning outcomes.
- The preparation and delivery of lectures and laboratories provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity
- Responsible for the conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or student field excursions
- Acting as a student advocate where appropriate
- Involvement in professional activity
- Consultation with students
- Marking and assessment primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches
- Production of teaching materials for students for whom the faculty member has responsibility
- Development of course material with appropriate guidance from the program coordinator
- Limited administrative functions primarily connected with courses in which the faculty member teaches
- Acting as instructor of record or section coordinators provided that their skills and experience demonstrate this capacity
- Recommending relevant changes to the curriculum committee as appropriate
- Attendance at divisional/unit meetings, faculty meetings, and membership in AD Poly committees
- Ensuring own professional development by seeking learning opportunities as appropriate
- Performs other duties assigned by the Head of the department
· Master and Bachelor degrees in Electro-Mechanical Engineering required from one of the following countries for Visa Restrictions: US, CA, UK, AU, NZ, ZA, Scandinavia
· PhD in Electro-Mechanical preferred
· Industrial experience and Certificates a must
· IELTS score of 6.5 for non-Native English speakers
· Must have minimum 3 years teaching experience in a similar program in a reputable College or University
· Post-PhD teaching experience will determine the salary level
SUBJECT SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
The candidate should have a solid background and experience in mechatronics technology applications such as but not limited to:
· Process Control
· Pneumatics and Hydraulics
· C++ Programming
· Open contract renewable yearly based on both parties being satisfied
· Competitive TAX FREE Monthly Salary range from 13,500 to 20,000 AED ($3675 - $5445 USD) depending on qualifications (PhD required for higher salary), years of experience.
· Relocation amount of AED 20,000 upon arrival (Half on arrival and half after probation)
· Housing Allowance based on Marital Status and Position designation
· Medical Insurance provided for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children
· Cash equivalent for Annual Return airline tickets for employee, spouse and up to 3 dependent children
· School Tuition 80,000 AED per family, maximum 40K per child)
To take advantage of this opportunity to work in an exciting country with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally please upload your CV with contact details: email, telephone, Skype ID (for interview purposes).
Our Plus Services include providing you with dedicated and experienced teacher placement experts with many years of practical experience in the Middle East. We will work closely with you to determine the position and school that is the best fit. We will help you get off on the right foot with your dream adventure in teaching and learning abroad while providing you with friendly and professional ongoing support beginning the minute you submit your application.