Successful and growing company located in Youngstown, Ohio is searching for an Operations Manager. We are seeking an individual with steel fabrication, metals distribution & project management expertise to be the hands on manager of our day-to-day production and operations.
We’re searching for a hand-on, working leader who has the experience and ability to further develop and improve our existing operations and infrastructure including people, processes, procedures, facilities, equipment and systems. Managing a team that includes Welders, CNC Machinists, Oxy-Fuel Burning operators, Painters, Maintenance and general laborers, the Operations Manager will focus on delivering steel parts, fabrications and steel plates to our customers who operate in all facets of the manufacturing community.
The Operations Manager will work closely with our sales, inventory and other business operations. This individual will be helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the company. This position is located out of our Youngstown, OH office.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Member of the leadership team - participate in all operations meetings and strategic planning activities
- Develop and maintain production schedule. Ensures that targets for productivity along with monthly, quarterly and annual goals are established and maintained
- Makes recommendations and supports projects to improve the operations with regards to quality, efficiency, and delivery. Ensure efficient, organized, clean and safe work environment
- Manages resources to meet production objectives, including personnel, equipment, and facilities. Assigns work to employees and ensures quality of output
- Ensures adherence to internal procedures and processes; maintains company quality standards.
- Proven leader that can embrace and promote change in a dynamic environment. Demonstrated ability and knowledge of operations management
- Strong project management abilities. Able to monitor and manage quality assurance, resources, outside vendors and deadlines throughout a project.
- Strong communication skills and must be able to work independently in addition as part of a team. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Experience working with sub-contractors, vendors, distributers, etc. to execute component production according to plan & budget.
- Experience with metal fabrication and finishing processes of steel plates.
- Computer experience including: working from sketches and blueprints, email, and CAD experience a plus.
- Previous experience managing, hiring and growing a team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality, delivery and cost objectives through the leadership and development of the team.
Please reply with cover letter, resume, and references.