Summary of Responsibilities: This position will operate cutting torches and cut unprepared steel ranging in size and shape into prepared scrap.
- Specific Duties:
- Ability to perform this work proficiently at a fast pace
- Operate cutting torches
- Burning Hobbs and Skulls
- Cut unprepared steel ranging in size and shape.
- General maintenance and upkeep of equipment and yard property
- Reports abnormal conditions of equipment to supervision
- Observes all safety rules and regulations and keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Minimum 1-year experience operating a Jet Torch
- 1-year experience scrap burning a plus
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Experience with operating a commercial cutting torch for preparing scrap metal
- Ability to perform work proficiently at a fast pace
- Open minded and willing to learn company process.
- Willingness to work 6am – 3:30pm and occasional weekends
- Ability to follow instructions provided by supervisor
- Ability to work outdoors twelve months a year; heat, cold, rain and snow
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situation
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly
International Steel & Counterweights
Why Work Here?International Steel and Counterweights, a rapidly growing steel processing center, located at 140 N. West Avenue, Youngstown, Ohio 44502, near downtown Youngstown. We have been operating since January of 2010, growing from four employees to 150+ employees in the past ten years.
Busy, rapidly growing steel processing center.