Account Executive - Sports Event Sales
International Sports Management Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please be local and available for in-person interviews.
Attn: Recent Grads (and College Athletes), Early Career Women and Men
Note: We are currently looking for select candidates to expand sales efforts in our Portland, OR office. Please note, successful applicants should be local as the interview process involves an in-office component and if selected, candidate will begin full time employment in our Downtown Portland office. Safety measures as per CDC and Oregon Health Authority are being adhered to for COVID-19 prevention.
Please read the rest of the ad before applying to make certain the position and organization sound like a match for you!
Since we began creating the best sports hospitality packages in 1997, International Sports Management (ISM) has been able to put customers first thanks to our amazing staff. We have since become the industry leader in the provisioning of upscale corporate hospitality and ticketing programs at major sporting events around the globe. In 2022 and beyond, we forecast that corporate participation at “major” championships will be higher than ever as there has been a record surge of corporate investment into upcoming events. Our clients and their guests cannot wait to safely return to experience the sports they love LIVE in person! If you want to be part of the sales process and provide world class events, while enjoying uncapped commissions and bonuses while doing so, then we want to meet you!
The Sports Event Sales positions we are hiring for will begin with a mix of training, mentoring, and selling as you generate new business partnerships. You will call on companies around the U.S. and sell hospitality and ticketing packages to events such as the U.S. Open, the NCAA Basketball Tournament, the Super Bowl, and many more. Strong and polished communication skills are necessary, as you will be delivering a dynamic presentation either via the phone or on video to Vice Presidents, Presidents, and CEOs. This is not a “telemarketing” or “customer service” position; job seekers searching for a role in those capacities won’t find this a match.
Promotion into sales management within 6-12 months is a very realistic expectation as our sales management is the best in the industry and they work right alongside their teams in a “Player/Coach” capacity…teaching what they do and doing what they teach.
Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply, as our training program will take the skills and experiences you learned and show you how to incorporate them into your work, aiding in your success.
If you love challenges, are motivated by the hunt for new business, want to make money and advance your career, but aren’t afraid of hard work, and failure, then you just might be a match. Remember, your background helps define where you are, but more important is where you want to go and having the initiative to get there!
- Learn how to go to market with VP through C-Suite execs throughout corporate America
- Work closely with our sales leadership to deliver our value proposition clearly and with enthusiasm
- Drive sales activities including proactive outreach to prospects as well as develop qualified leads, set meetings, maintain your sales CRM
- Comprehensive training along with ongoing mentoring
- Base salary + commission + bonus, uncapped
- Bonuses, both cash & prize (monthly, quarterly & annually)
- Onsite fitness center, Bike room, locker facilities
- Company medical/dental plans and 401K enrollment with a company match
- PTO and major holidays off (4 weeks+ paid time off each calendar year)
- First year avg. range of $50K-$70K+ (range includes base + commission); Year two $80K+
- Growth opportunities into Sales Management / National Accounts
- Great corporate culture and community volunteerism
What you’ll bring:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- (Some) Class-related, sales experience (making pitches, developing and maintaining clients, lead research)
- (Some) Sales experience (B2B preferred, not just customer service)
- College degree or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed and growth minded (National Account Director / Sales Management positions will be open in 2021 and promotions are from within)
- Ability to explain how a deficiency in one of the above categories won’t hinder you to succeed
To be considered, please submit a cover letter including why you are interested in this position and when you are available, along with a current resume including education, full work history including date range. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
International Sports Management is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We provide a company health plan, paid vacation and holidays, 401k enrollment options, and competitive compensation. We also have an on-site bike room, partial gym, and run plenty of exciting performance incentives!
International Sports ManagementWhy Work Here?
Exciting environment, great work / life balance, plus amazing opportunities for advancement!
ISM is the global leader in corporate sports hospitality. Over the last 24 years, we've worked with most of the Fortune 1000. Our operations team custom creates hospitality functions centered on over 40 sporting events annually. The packages are designed to entertain elite corporate clients. Our services are utilized to foster key client relationships. We provide a company health plan, paid vacation and holidays, 401k enrollment options, and competitive compensation. We also have an on-site bike room, partial gym, and run plenty of exciting performance incentives!
1 SW Columbia StPortland, OR