Michelin Starred Chef Michael Mina is looking to fill an Assistant General Restaurant Manager role at International Smoke in San Francisco!
Our Assistant Manager trains and assists in the operations of International Smoke. They work in conjunction with Mina Group and Host Partners policies in overseeing and coordinating the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service & satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of International Smoke.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional and gracious service at all times
- Perform all aspects of the position with efficiency, respect, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Understand the philosophies of management. Display consistent attention to detail and follow through of all Mina Group policies.
- Represent the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business partners.
- Collaborate with the management team to create a culture and restaurant work environment based upon respect; foster opportunities for the team to learn, grow and develop their abilities.
- In partnership with the management staff, ensure that service standards are on par with all outside accreditation sources, including but not limited to: Zagat, Gayot, Mobil, AAA, Wine Spectator and Michelin. Adhere to the service foundation and philosophies established by MG-International Smoke, LLC.
- Understand all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training protocols.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and be a voice that is part of the decision-making team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-3 years of culinary & wine experience, preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and /or Culinary degree required
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with a variety of business partners.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel (Advanced ability), PowerPoint
- Prior experience with accounting software, POS systems, and payroll/HRIS systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry. Must have a working knowledge of restaurant management and operations. Must have strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Four-year college or culinary degree required.
The Mina Group and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers dedicated to non-discrimination in employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of AB 1008, California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and all other local, state and federal laws.
Operating since 2003, Mina Group currently manages more than 35 concepts around the world. At Mina Group, impeccable service is not just our ideal, it is ingrained in everything we do. Rooted deep in our foundation is the concept of Kaizen, the art of making great and lasting change in small steady increments. By embodying our values of adaptability and fluidity, we cultivate a whole new sense of hospitality that is uniquely Mina.