INTERNATIONAL SHOPPES, a High End Luxury Retail company with store locations in several international airports including JFK, Dulles, Bradley International and T.F. Green Airport, is looking for a MAKE UP ARTISTS who excel in top notch customer service to join our M.A.C Boutique at Boston Logan Airport.
We are HIRING FULL TIME & PART TIME - M.A.C Make Up Artists, 24-40 hours per week scheduled guaranteed. Base salary PLUS Commission
M.A.C Makeup Artist
The M·A·C Artist represents the image, products and culture of the company to the Customer. Their primary responsibility is customer service and sales, achieved through exceptional communications skills and artistic abilities. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the store environment and operations and assisting with administrative duties.
Customer Service & Sales
- Provide welcoming, personal, professional service to all Customers at all times
- Ask questions, investigate preferences, listen to customer, make the experience interactive
- Suggest group of appropriate products and/or colors to meet and exceed customers’ needs
- Assist customers with product/services selection and information
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, the well-executed and expedient application of makeup to achieve the look the Customer desires. Sample products as applicable.
- Inform customers of M·A·C consciousness programs and philosophies
- Obtain Customer data for M·A·C Addict book or other client list as required
- On closing the sale, thank the Customer, invite the Customer to a future visit and process the transaction through the POS system.
- Meet your individual responsibility for your appropriate contribution to the team’s goals in term of service, sales and company objectives
- Keep informed about products/company information/store information
- Practice current good counter practices
- Actively participate in store theme days and events and new product launches
- Study the Skills Certification requirements and complete as many skill sets as appropriate
- Actively participate in M·A·C training sessions and partnered store mandatory training sessions
Maintaining Work Environment
- Actively participate in cleaning display units, tools, and testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day’s business
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain tester units in proper schematic order.
- Clean or replace any broken or damaged products
- Maintain proper placement and condition of merchandise on counter, in stock room and maintained areas.
- Inform management of any store maintenance issues
- Inform management of any Health and Safety issues which might lead to accidents
Administrative Assistance Activities
- Complete assigned projects such as counting expiration dates, batch codes on products, compiling information on transfers and RTV’s.
- Assist with inventory counts.
- Submit accurate time worked in voice response system in appropriate time period
- Complete appropriate Customer correspondence as required.
- Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of cash and assets
Assist in Inventory Management
- Assist in stocking of all counter supplies and inventory on a daily basis as required
- Assist in merchandising and re-stocking all products on the floor in showcases and cabinets every morning and as needed throughout the day
- Arrange for product transfer from other stores if customer wants product currently unavailable at your counter
- Communicate low on stock and out of stocks to Retail Manager
- Assist in the proper rotation of stock
Following and providing the example for M·A·C policies regarding customer service expectations, image and dress code and professional standards.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Minimum high school education.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Cosmetic experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills must be completely reliable.
- Professional attitude and ability to be flexible and handle change in a positive manner.
This position requires excellent communication skills to be performed on a daily basis. This position requires moderate physical effort. Some unpacking and packing of materials is required when restocking the floor supplies. There may be moving and setting up of displays and other events taking place in your location. At counters, one must stand nearly 8 hours.
Retailed Partnered Stores, Freestanding M·A·C Stores (retail selling floor).
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates will be required to complete a thorough Background check prior to receiving any final offer of employment from International Shoppes. *We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer