Deputy Director, Framework
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Requisition ID: req45614
Job Title: Deputy Director, Framework
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 85,000.00 - 104,000.00 Annually
Location: New York, NY HQ USA
Work Arrangement: Open to Remote
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC is one of the leading providers of high-quality programming for anti-trafficking and support to victims of crime programming in the United States. The mission of the IRC's Resettlement, Asylum, and Integration (RAI) department is to create opportunities for refugees, asylees and other immigrant populations to survive and thrive in America. In 28 cities across the country, RAI offers support in areas ranging from health and education to advocacy and legal services. The IRC is committed to developing innovative programs that respond to our clients' unique challenges and needs, using our learning and experience to shape policy and practice, and highlighting and promoting best practices in service provision.
Job Overview/Summary: The International Rescue Committee is seeking a Deputy Director for Framework, a Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) program to equip OVC-funded programs and service providers with the specialized technical assistance (TA), resources and training needed to appropriately address barriers to identification and provision of high-quality services to labor trafficking victims. The Deputy Director will be responsible for major aspects of program oversight, including work planning and reporting, and the coordination with shared program staff.
- Provide leadership and direction to the project team and external consultants, and ensure that the design and implementation of activities achieve the greatest possible impact
- Manage the overall project by assessing needs, planning, monitoring, and evaluating activities in accordance with the grant agreement, in close coordination with the project team
- Prepare annual work plans in coordination with program staff and OVC, with clear objectives, benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities, implementation plans, financial projections, and tools for evaluation
- Ensure the project meets current and emerging TA needs of its stakeholders, in terms of organization type, subject, and delivery mechanism, by using data to appropriately direct resources
- Coordinate the project team across departments
- Closely manage project contractors as necessary, including recruitment, selection, ensuring technical quality of their outputs, adherence to deliverables schedule, and compliance with donor requirements
- Provide financial and technical management by preparing budgets and closely monitoring project expenses
- Report to OVC through ongoing debriefings and semi-annual reports, developing close and effective communication that facilitates timely approvals for project initiatives
- Oversee the design, implementation, and management of the project website and resource library
- Represent the program and organization at internal and external meetings, convenings, and workshops
- Manage project internal and external relations and marketing, ensuring effective information dissemination about services, achievements, and lessons learned
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director of Learning
Position indirectly supervises: Program staff supporting across departments
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Position requires close collaboration with a variety of colleagues, including but not limited to: RAI Resource Acquisition and Management, IRC program offices, the RAI Program Excellence Unit, the Awards Management Unit, Finance, Legal and HR, other anti-trafficking service providers and anti-trafficking programs, law enforcement, other community stakeholders, and external subject matter experts.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of program management experience, with management of technical assistance and/or comprehensive assistance programs for trafficking survivors preferred
- Experience with DOJ grants highly preferred
- Previous experience designing and delivering training products
- Proven leadership and strategic planning capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in inter-agency coordination, preferably in a leadership role
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience with a range of on-site and distance learning tools, and knowledge of current, effective learning technologies and trends
- Demonstrated experience coordinating teams and managing partnerships
- Strong experience with budget management, strategic planning, data management, and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure program quality
- Knowledge of national U.S. trafficking survivor service programs, actors, policies, legal landscape and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with colleagues and organizations
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and problem solve with appropriate input from relevant stakeholders
- Proficiency in webinar platforms such as Zoom and learning portals
*Individuals with lived experience strongly preferred*
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
**This position is contingent upon IRC being awarded a cooperative agreement under O-OVC-2023-171670 and OVC approval of IRC's preferred candidate.**
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
International Rescue Committee
8737 Colesville RoadSilver Spring, MD
ConstructionView All International Rescue Committee Jobs
Get fresh Deputy Director, Framework jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.