Mechanical Design Engineer
International Polymer Solutions, Inc. specializes in manufacturing high-purity engineered polymer fluid handling solutions to the global market, offering both standard catalog and custom fabricated solutions. Our expertise includes polymer fabrication and welding, which enables us to design and build custom tanks, containment vessels, manifolds, and cabinets to fit specific industry requirements. The Mechanical Design Engineer will report directly to our Engineering Manager and work in our Irvine location. This role has room for growth as well as the opportunity to take on a lead role in the design and development of custom and standard products.
International Polymer Solutions, Inc. has experienced double-digit growth over the last 5 years and is looking for an Engineer to who wants to make a direct impact in our small hands-on engineering department. The ideal candidate will be a mid-career Mechanical Design Engineer who can both create unique designs and manage multiple engineering design projects from concept to production.
· 4 to 6 years of Mechanical Design experience
· 4 to 6 years of CAD Design experience
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Proficient with CAD & 3D Modeling: SolidWorks
· Mechanically inclined & ability to thrive in a fast growing, hands-on environment
· 3 to 5 years of experience in designing & leading multiple projects at once
· Hands on design and development of valves, pumps, or similar fluid instruments
· Familiarity with o-ring sealed devices
· Experience with Engineered Polymers (PTFE, PEEK, PVDF, etc.)
· Familiarity with PLC’s
· High proficiency in CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred), engineering drawings, GD&T and related standards.
· Ability to create creative designs and see your designs through to completion while communicating effectively with other departments along the way.
· Write test reports.
· Participate in design reviews.
· Modify existing designs to incorporate new technologies to improve existing designs.
· Perform application and sustaining engineering duties as required.
· Create BOM's in company operating system, SAGE.
· Interact with Sales and Customers to answer technical questions.
· Required travel time is less than 5%.
What we offer:
· Up to $80k, DOE.
o Annual compensation reviews are conducted each January
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life, Short Term Disability and AD&D insurance coverage
· Paid Time Off
· 11 paid Holidays per year
· 401k Plan
Safety rules and procedures are to be followed at all times while performing work.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.