The Receiving Clerk will do the following.
1. Answer the phone and check emails (vendor appointments and buyer communication)
2. Update appointments in Dynamics, IGF’s operating system, by the end of the day, ensuring that the delivery schedule is set for the next day
3. Enter “receivers” into Dynamics, including entering and verifying product catch weights and expiration dates
4. Invoice and receive orders from two internal customers, IGF’s cheese and repack programs
5. Verify bills of lading, invoices, and packing lists against product received
6. Manage the freight claim process for damaged product
7. Maintain cold-chain logs (general temperature log and seafood temperature records)
8. Coordinate other tasks as necessary with the Receiving Coordinator
Proactive, quick-thinking, problem-solving approach to work
Attention to detail
Excellent communication and organization skills
Ability to build and maintain relationships (with drivers, vendors, and colleagues in the warehouse)
Microsoft Office Suite (especially Dynamics, Excel, and Word)
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Must be able to sustain prolonged periods of standing and walking
Must be able to bend, lift (at least 55 lb.), stretch, climb (including ladders)
International Gourmet Foods
Why Work Here?With 32 years in the business, International Gourmet Foods is the leading wholesale distributor of gourmet specialty products, providing quality innovative items from around the world. We listen to our customers daily and our commitment to you will always be our top priority. IGF will always bring you superior service, quality products and competitive prices.
We are driven by strong corporate and community values and, most important, driven by the employees who uphold them.