International Gourmet Foods Springfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Inventory Specialists are in charge of managing product or company resources. They enter data on products held by the company and those shipped to other organizations into relevant databases. They must also recognize and resolve quantity discrepancies, make quantity reports, create request tickets as needed, and prepare extensive quantitative statements that help with inventory control duties. They participate in company meetings and provide recommendations on how to make inventory control responsibilities more efficient. The inventory specialists may help with training new staff members. Inventory specialists may work in a warehouse or in an office setting depending on the company needs. They follow strict safety rules and wear appropriate uniform and footwear. One of their main tools include a personal computer to record inventory items and access to company databases to enter updates. These specialists report to the Inventory Manager. This is a M-F position, start time @ 11am- 7:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between the warehouse, purchasing, sales and customer service.
- Assess and monitor warehouse transactions to include; trash, usage, damages and shrinkage.
- Track inventory maintenance and control equipment flow.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the WMS.
- Validate the receipt and condition of products received.
- Monitor for good warehouse keeping procedures.
- Conduct all Inventory process a needed by senior management.
- Work with Warehouse Manager on resolution strategies and assist with implementing procedures to improve processes and promote prevention.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Individuals with relevant experience, especially with inventory control background in a retail or warehouse environment
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
International Gourmet FoodsWhy Work Here?
We are driven by strong corporate and community values and, most important, driven by the employees who uphold them.
With over 34 years in the business, International Gourmet Foods is the leading wholesale distributor of gourmet specialty products, providing quality innovative items from around the world. We listen to our customers daily and our commitment to you will always be our top priority. IGF will always bring you superior service, quality products and competitive prices.
Transportation and Storage