Financial Reporting Manager
This is a hybrid position working 2 days/week in Washington, DC; Yarmouth, MA; London, England
The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for timely and accurate financial, tax and regulatory reporting within each of the Organization’s legal jurisdictions. This position is responsible for managing the global financial statement, benefit and special purpose audits. The Financial Reporting Manager is a key partner with all departments and international offices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage/facilitate financial statement audit processes for each of the IFAW entitles, including liaising with audit staff and IFAW staff to ensure efficient and timely audit process.
- Manage, prepare and/or review IFAW entity external financial reporting, tax, and statutory filings with relevant authorities. Compile complete and accurate annual financial statements for each of the IFAW entities in accordance with relevant accounting and reporting standards.
- Develop tools, education and training for existing and new technical accounting and financial and reporting standards.
- Provide support (as needed) to other accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate financial transactions.
- Engage stakeholders across the organization including Legal, Development, and Program departments and international offices to provide guidance and support for initiatives with tax, regulatory and external financial reporting implications.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience required. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred. CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
- Non-profit and government funding experience desirable.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with financial and non-financial internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to accurately execute, document and monitor work processes.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work with high degree of independence.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting, and current accounting pronouncements. Exposure to IFRS desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application and automated accounting ERP systems.
- International experience desirable.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
International Fund For Animal Welfare
1350 Connecticut Ave NWWashington, DC View All International Fund For Animal Welfare Jobs
Finance and Insurance
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.