International Education Corporation Mesa, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Under the supervision of the Collections Supervisor, perform cash collections activities for the enterprise for institutional loans, private loans, cash payment plan collections, and past-due collections for all inactive student accounts. Assist Collections Supervisor in coordinating the collection efforts between the institutional loan servicers and third party collection agencies. Ensure all regulatory requirements are adhered to in regards to collection activities. Good skip tracing and database knowledge a must. Occasional training of Collection Associate as needed by supervisor.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Stay current and follow all HEOA Disclosure and Regulation Z requirements, including Truth in Lending and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau requirements applicable to collection activities.
· Responsible for outbound calls, e-mailing and/or sending letters to inactive students with past due balances to obtain payments.
· Ensures the collection goals assigned are met each month and strives to exceed this goal.
· Ensures the proper number of collection activities are performed per day/week to meet account collection goals set by supervisor.
· Perform skip tracing activities in locating borrowers.
· Assist Collections Supervisor in data collections and report preparation on an on-going basis as required.
· Making 80-100 outbound calls daily.
· Good skip tracing skills.
· Good knowledge of all system databases.
· Assist training of the Collection Associate.
Essential Skills And Experience
· Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six month to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong interpersonal and positive relationship management skills. Sensitivity to students and families of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of collection rules and regulations including HEOA regulations, Regulation Z, Truth in Lending Disclosures, and IEC collection rules.
· Ability to analyze numbers, specifically student ledger account.
· Ability to work with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel Spreadsheet and Word.
International Education Corporation
Finance and Insurance