International Development Group Arlington, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
International Development Group LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
The Research Director will serve as the principal research methodologist and ensure rigorous, high quality data collection and analysis under the REVEAL TAP-EG project (follow-on to LEAP III). He/she is responsible for leading research design, taking client objectives all the way through to instrument and indicator design. This person will oversee quality control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted research tasks and functions. The Research Director will lead or contribute to the development of scopes of work, technical approach and budgets for assessments, surveys and evaluations.
He/She will consult with the REVEAL Chief of Party and other team members; and will actively contribute to discussions with USAID on research design and the report findings. REVEAL will provide management and support services, evaluations, assessments, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) platforms, and institutional support services. The solicitation is not yet live and is anticipated to be released in June 2021.This opportunity is contingent upon IDG being awarded the contract.
- The Research Director must have a graduate degree, preferably a Ph.D., in a relevant discipline, and at least 10 years of experience managing and conducting economic analyses and evaluations.
- Must have extensive knowledge of and experience with causal model development, experimental, quasi-experimental, and nonexperimental evaluation methods, and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience with qualitative data analysis is also desired.
- Experience designing and leading the implementation of research methods and field data collection methodologies globally including in challenging environments and contexts.
- Must have either published in refereed journals, or produced analyses or policy papers for public, private, or academic institutions.
- Demonstrated team management experience.
- Experience working with USAID as well as other USG agencies such as the Department of State, the Millennium Challenge Corporation; or multilateral NGOs, international foundations and civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish close, trustful relations with Servicing Agency and Requesting Agency personnel.
- Knowledgeable in USAID MEL policies and practices, including the ADS evaluation policy, results frameworks, and performance monitoring plan
- Experience serving as key home office personnel on a large, "buy-in" contract mechanism managing high volume task order driven requirements is desirable.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
International Development Group
ScienceView all jobs at International Development Group