- Expired: October 04, 2019. Applications are no longer accepted.
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, IDG has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
This is a professional position providing home office financial, contractual, management and technical coordination for IDG projects. The individual in this position is tasked with managing a portfolio of projects in a manner consistent with IDG's ethics/compliance standards and with technical and other objectives specified in the contract. Successful performance includes enabling projects to achieve quality programming and development outcomes. The Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Project Specialist or Project Manager, and also participates in new business initiatives within International Development Group LLC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports implementation of client contracts as IDG's administrative representative to the client's technical and contract officers on the assigned programs
- Supports overall project implementation, award through project closeout
- Facilitate home and field office activities for assigned contracts, and ensures effective and efficient coordination between the relevant offices.
- Applies current U.S. and host country regulations and laws as well as IDG policies and procedures to contract implementation.
- Prepares and monitors USAID approval requests
- Contributes to recruitment of consultants and employees as needed
- Provide review of monthly local expenses and draft invoices; provides final review of monthly locals package for approval
- Draft and analyze subcontractor invoices and backup documentation. Drafts subcontracts and subcontractor modifications; liaises closely with subcontractors on administrative and invoicing tasks and contractual management issues
- Provide travel support for employees and consultants by gathering relevant travel information, reserving tickets, and seeking necessary travel authorizations and approvals. Liaises with traveler to collect expense reports and required backup documentation. Provides initial review of expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Reviews monthly invoices to the client for accuracy
- Develops and monitors consultant and subcontractor contracts
- Prepares accrual, pipeline, and cost-to-complete reports for both IDG and clients as necessary
- Formats project technical deliverables with the proper branding requirements established by the contract and sent to the DEC or the Prime Contractor and properly archived in the home office filing system both in hard copy and electronically.
- Schedule and lead meetings as appropriate, prepares meeting agendas, captures and shares notes, and tracks project communications
- Serves as a mentor to interns
- Supports the Director of Operations as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
- Participate and serve as mentor on proposal teams in specific line roles including, but not limited to, past performance reviews, corporate capabilities, resume formatting, expatriate and local recruitment, coordinator, section writer, cost volume, and manages communications and agreements with potential and selected subcontractors
- Coordinate new business proposal work as required including recruiting for employees and consultants
- Supports capture activities pre-RFP by collecting preliminary documentation, participating in capture strategy meetings, etc.
- Provides opportunity research into IDG's new business lead tracker.
- Contributes to writing of technical proposals as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional work experience.
- Experience working on USAID funded projects preferable.
- Working knowledge of economics and monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Word and Excel; Strong Excel and quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude required to assist business and systems growth
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Fluency in French or Spanish desirable but not required