IT Systems Administrator
- Posted: 16 days ago
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the public health and adverse environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intellectual curiosity, leadership, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of more than 140 talented staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The IT Systems Administrator will assist in the management and administration of ICCT's IT systems, cloud platforms and services, and office networks; provide technical support to program and operations staff; and help monitor and maintain information security and data protection systems. This position can be based in ICCT’s Washington, D.C., office or New York, though significant remote work is possible, and report to the IT Manager, who is based in ICCT's Berlin office.
- Install, support, and troubleshoot hardware and operating system software on Mac, Windows, and Linux systems, remotely and in-person
- Provide help desk tech support to staff via email, phone, in-person assistance, and remote management tools
- Provide problem-solving assistance on specialty end-use software applications and serve as a general source of expertise on information technologies
- Help manage and administer ICCT’s cloud environment, including Office 365 and Azure
- Onboard and off-board staff
- Perform routine hardware, software, and network maintenance
- Support videoconferencing hardware and virtual meeting platforms
- Provide user support and systems administration for data backup systems
- Maintain an inventory of organizational IT assets, manage software licensing, and coordinate procurement
- Provide training as needed to staff on information security, data protection and privacy, software tools, and general IT skills
- Assist in the identification and evaluation of new hardware and software systems and their integration into ICCT’s existing IT environment
- Maintain an awareness of major developments in the information technology industry, and share relevant knowledge with IT and data management teams and other ICCT staff
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Excellent analytical skills and a track record of trouble-shooting and solving problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize among numerous ongoing projects
- Good understanding of data protection laws and practices
- Experience administering and supporting MS Office 365 and Exchange
- Cross-platform OS knowledge (Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), Linux)
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts
- Knowledge of secure identity management and mobility concepts
- Experience with Mac and Windows device management solutions (JAMF, Intune)
- Experience in troubleshooting network problems and evaluating network design as it pertains to systems
- Advanced knowledge of database administration and maintenance
- Significant knowledge of information security principles, strategies, and best practices (CompTIA Security+)
- IT Support Professional Certificates a plus
The starting salary range is $79,200. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, substantial paid vacation, hybrid/remote work flexibilities, retirement contribution with generous 7% employer contribution, transportation subsidies, tuition assistance, professional development opportunities and other benefits..
Please include a resume, cover letter, and two to three professional references. This is an immediate opening, and the position will remain open until filled.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
International Council on Clean Transportation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?