Senior Program Manager, Publications and Research
- Expired: April 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are:
ICMA is at the core of creating better communities. Serving more than 12,000 members globally, we are the world's leading association of professional city and county managers and other employees who serve local governments.
At ICMA, we take the concept of local government leadership and management further into the future. Through our mission and passion to advance professional local government, we help communities deliver innovative services, empower resident engagement, enable economic development, strengthen leadership, ethics, and provide forward-thinking management.
We ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and by learning from each other, individually and collectively.
A Great Opportunity:
If you are a talented writer who is experienced in managing publications, we have the perfect opportunity waiting for you!
ICMA is seeking a Senior Program Manager, Publications and Research to manage our publication business lines, including digital and print publications purchased through ICMA's e-commerce bookstore. The selected individual will serve as a contributor to ICMA's thought leadership initiatives as a key member of a small local government research and policy team.
The Senior Program Manager, Publications and Research reports to the Director, Survey Research.
What You'll Do:
- Manages the conceptualization, writing, and production of new book length print and digital publications, reports, datasets, and other knowledge resources for sale under the ICMA brand
- Works with ICMA's Professional Development team to manage the creation of sellable content that is linked with ongoing and future ICMA training, workshops, and certification programs
- Oversees the major tasks associated with ICMA's e-commerce bookstore
- Supports the research and content development needs of ICMA business lines including membership, outreach, events and sponsorships, and technical assistance
- Manages revenues and expenses for publishing business line
- Develops original research-based content for local government leaders, managers, staff, and stakeholders on local government leadership, management, service delivery, and innovation
- Manages logistics for multiple projects and priorities; develops and oversee internal procedures, and methodologies
- Develops grant proposals for federal, foundation, and other potential funders to support ICMA research activities
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor's degree
- Five plus years of directly related experience in research and/or publications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Interpersonal skills to build and work with cross-functional proposal teams
- Skilled in managing and coordinating a variety of tasks such as copy editing, researching and evaluating technical or scientific manuscripts for accuracy, clarity, content, and completeness
- Skilled in monitoring production schedules
- Excellent project management, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence and gain consensus without authority
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience overseeing P/L of small publishing business line
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment free from hazards or unpleasant environmental conditions.
- Work requires travel up to 5% of time, primarily within the U.S.
What We Can Offer You:
- Remote work environment
- A collegial working environment where teamwork and individual contributions are valued
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health, dental, life, disability, and employee assistance benefits
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick leave, holidays, and floating days
- Generous retirement contribution plan
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
This position is based out of ICMA's headquarters, located in Washington, D.C. At this time, all ICMA staff are working remotely. The selected individual must be able to work the core business hours from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. Travel domestically and internationally may be required.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
As a federal government contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, ICMA requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Colleagues must provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or obtain a legally-required accommodation from the vaccination requirement.
At ICMA, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. ICMA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for ICMA job opportunities.
International City County Management
BusinessView all jobs at International City County Management