Senior Program Manager, Global Market Development and Communication
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
ICMA is at the core of creating better communities. Serving more than 12,000 members globally, we are the world's leading association of professional city and county managers and other employees who serve local governments.
At ICMA, we take the concept of local government leadership and management further into the future. Through our mission and passion to advance professional local government, we help communities deliver innovative services, empower resident engagement, enable economic development, strengthen leadership, ethics, and provide forward-thinking management.
We ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and by learning from each other, individually and collectively.
A Great Opportunity:
Do you have prior experience developing and maintaining international business relationships in a project management role? Does mission-driven work and making an impact on others excite you? If the answer is yes, we have an excellent opportunity waiting for you!
ICMA is seeking a Senior Program Manager, Global Market Development and Communication to support a range of activities for the Global Development and Engagement (GDE) team to further ICMA's mission globally. The position assists in establishing and growing business and professional relationships in global markets and managing the day-to-day interactions with various affiliates, governments, and partners. The position leads a portfolio of existing and future initiatives that span multiple teams and supports the Executive Board priorities to expand the local government profession globally.
The Senior Program Manager, Global Development and Engagement reports to the Managing Director, Global Development and Engagement.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Global Development and Engagement function in executing newly developed ICMA Global Strategies
- Manage design and delivery of various operational, professional development and membership programs that focus on implementation of the Global Strategy goals and objectives
- Plan and execute new segment development, to include market research, value proposition message development, market promotion, and action planning
- Oversee the collection of statistics and data related to the analysis of performance and progress of various program and projects
- Coordinate daily communication and contact management; correspond with several groups and local government professionals around the world, including ICMA's international affiliates, ICMA's contacts outside of the US, and International Committee members
- Follow up on referrals and leads for potential market segments and partnerships
- Manage various projects, including scope, schedule, resources, and budget responsibilities
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external cross-functional business partners to ensure coordination and connection to broader global market development efforts
- Identify and curate content for ICMA's International Digest newsletter; communicate with content contributors (e.g., ICMA members, staff, experts in their fields), and editor of the newsletter
- Represent the 'voice of ICMA' and drive optimal utilization of market information and analysis to guide insights and decision-making
- Coordinate the design, marketing, and program management of ICMA professional development programs and recognition products for local government professionals around the world, such as F12 Training Program, International Professional Development Symposium, etc.
- Provide senior management and cross-functional partners with updates, reports, content, and presentations regarding marketing initiatives
- Identify resources needed to deliver quality and comprehensive work and collaborate with resource manager(s) to assemble appropriate skills/teams
- Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity, and innovation
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Bachelor's Degree in public policy, political science, business administration, or related discipline
- Eight (8) or more years subject-matter experience in relevant professional discipline and in leading cross-functional based projects
- One or more years of international work experience
- Master's Degree Preferred
- PMP and/or applicable professional certification highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills coupled with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Significant customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing plans across geographies
- Ability to uncover new opportunities and develop relationships
- Experience with explaining/promoting to different markets and business lines
- Ability to use analytics to solve a problem, tell a story, or to define a business strategy
- Ability to use data, persuasion, influence, and networking to drive favorable outcomes, both internally and with potential partners
- Demonstrated ability to effectively measure business results
- Viewed internally and externally as professional, articulate, and relevant
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively and act in a lead role as a subject matter expert within a team environment, to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Proven ability to orchestrate activities and problem solve across multiple stakeholder teams, leading others in delivery of a solution
- Fluency in Excel or other reporting tools, PowerPoint and Word
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment free from hazards or unpleasant environmental conditions.
- Work requires 10 to 20% of travel abroad to target countries; work may involve occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasionally requires work be performed outside with exposure to temperature and climate extremes.
What We Can Offer You:
- Remote work environment
- A collegial working environment where teamwork and individual contributions are valued
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health, dental, life, disability, and employee assistance benefits
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick leave, holidays, and floating days
- Generous retirement plan
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
This position is based out of ICMA's headquarters, located in Washington, D.C. At this time, all ICMA staff are working remotely. The selected individual must be able to work the core business hours from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. Travel domestically and internationally may be required.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
As a federal government contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, ICMA requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Colleagues must provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or obtain a legally-required accommodation from the vaccination requirement.
At ICMA, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. ICMA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for ICMA job opportunities.
International City County Management
BusinessView all jobs at International City County Management