- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are:
ICMA is at the core of creating better communities. Serving more than 12,000 members globally, we are the world's leading association of professional city and county managers and other employees who serve local governments.
At ICMA, we take the concept of local government leadership and management further into the future. Through our mission and passion to advance professional local government, we help communities deliver innovative services, empower resident engagement, enable economic development, strengthen leadership, ethics, and provide forward-thinking management.
At ICMA, we believe that to ensure a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other requires that we welcome individual of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
A Great Opportunity:
We are seeking a highly skilled Database Analyst to join our Technology, Engineering and Data (TED) Team. This individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting data management solutions to meet business needs. The position provides a broad range of data analysis functions and dashboard design including data modeling, structured query language (SQL) data quality, data profiling, extract-transform-load (ETL), metadata enrichment and management, and other specialized data management functions. The position works closely with all business units to identify and recommend new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
The Database Analyst reports to the AMS Senior Manager. This position does not have supervisory authority.
What You'll Do:
- Provides support for ICMA enterprise applications such as NETFORUM management system
- Troubleshoots data issues and Association Management System (AMS) performance issues as they arise, assisting the AMS Manager to resolve issues
- Uses database reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with business intelligence tools to generate comprehensive reports and continuously ensuring data quality and data integrity
- Gathers, reviews, analyzes, profiles, validates, and maps system data into the data warehouse to meet reporting and analytical business needs
- Provides ad-hoc reporting/query requests, using ICMA's business rules, to meet customer needs; creates SQL queries utilizing multiple data sources; supports business teams by helping users interpret data
- Runs quality assurance reports and resolves data integrity issues to ensure accurate reporting and data records
- Ensures data is maintained in compliance with enterprise data standards, policies, and guidelines
- Manages ETL workflows, using SQL and various ETL tools such as SAS to wrangle data
- Performs ETL/data integration to transfer data from the database to other system platforms
- Processes monthly NetForum vendor bills
What You Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- BA/BS Database Management, Engineering, Computer & Information Sciences, or related field
- Three (3) + years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Advanced knowledge and command of SQL coding language
- Knowledge and skill in the use of database design and structure in order to cultivate reliable, accurate reports
- Proficiency in computer programs and data analysis tools
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to identify problems, trends, develop solutions and implement a course of action in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of/and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work is typically performed in an office environment free from hazards or unpleasant environmental conditions
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work requires travel up to 5% of time, primarily within the U.S.
What We Can Offer You:
- Remote work environment
- A collegial working environment where teamwork and individual contributions are valued
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes employer sponsored health, dental, life, disability, and employee assistance benefits
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick leave, holidays, and floating days
- Generous retirement plan
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development
This position is based out of ICMA's headquarters, located in Washington, D.C., although ICMA is currently working remotely. The selected individual must be able to work the core business hours from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST. Travel domestically may be required.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
As a federal government contractor subject to Executive Order 14042, ICMA requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Colleagues must provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or obtain a legally-required accommodation from the vaccination requirement.
At ICMA, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. ICMA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for ICMA job opportunities.
International City County Management
TechnologyView all jobs at International City County Management