- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview: The Universal Banker will elevate the customer experience by providing personalized, best-in-class customer service that cultivates the development of lasting relationships through each customer contact. The successful candidate will become an expert in our products and services and will develop a keen understanding of our customers’ transaction requirements. Effective communication is required to cross-sell products and services that match the customer’s needs as well as refer customers to other business lines that best fits the customer’s needs. This position requires opening new accounts and processing regular transactions such as receiving and paying out money, maintaining records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions, and compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.
Language: Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Cultivates new business development by proactively consulting and cross-selling a full range of products and services.
- Provides exceptional quality customer service for existing and new deposit and loan relationships.
- Knowledge of products and services and appropriate methods or presentations to the customer.
- Knowledge of Bank products, services, and ability to sell products and services to the appropriate customer.
- Opens basic deposit accounts and prepares related documentation.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit/withdrawal, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements, enters customers’ transactions into the computer, and issues computer-generated receipt according to bank procedures.
- Researches and resolves problems and responds to customer inquiries on account status.
- Complies with security procedures established to ensure safety for employees and customers, to safeguard cash supplies and negotiable items to protect the privacy of customer account information, as well as follows fraud prevention guidelines established to protect the bank from unnecessary losses.
- Complies with all Bank policies/procedures and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Opens and closes branch and flexibility with a schedule is necessary.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of Personal Banker experience and Teller experience required.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of common banking practices.
- In-depth understanding of retail banking products and services.
- Metavante and Teller Insight experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Xperience (Jack Henry), Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Net Teller, Teller Insight, Metavante, FI Management, Fed Line, and JHA Cardholder.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
International Bank of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
The Bank has the distinction of being certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). With a CDFI designation, the Bank not only focuses its attention on serving the local communities, families, and small businesses, but has a mission of specializing in providing financial products and services to those within underbanked and economically distressed communities. The Bank is the only MDI and CDFI bank in Chicago.
International Bank of Chicago
217 W Cermak RdChinatown, IL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Universal Service Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.