International Association of Fire Fighters Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIRE FIGHTERS, AFL-CIO
The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for Administrative Assistant to support the IAFF General President's Office.
Starting salary is $65K rising to $75K within two years - SUPERB benefits including free comprehensive health insurance employee and dependents, 401k match, pension, and more!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 310,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS providers in more than 3,100 local affiliates.
Please note: The IAFF is unable to provide immigration sponsorship & position is not open to telework.
Please note that currently the IAFF is operating remotely; however, normally this will be an in-office position.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the General President’s Office and staff, as well as administrative support for the IAFF Foundation.
· Formulation and implementation of software testing strategies
· Preparation/review of testing plans
· Preparation/review of test reports
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, such as test validity, etc.
· Filter and “clean” data; locate and correct code problems
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
· Monitors data for course quality, including pre- and post-training tests and course evaluation
· Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission
· Answers incoming telephone calls, responds to telephone requests that have standard answers, and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff.
· Opens daily mail, records it the department mail log, and distributes incoming mail as necessary.
· Maintains department calendars, including managing all administrative aspects of the IAFF Foundation Board meetings, and IAFF administrative and financial functions Manages outside requests for the use of the IAFF Logo.
· Files, records, and orders supplies.
· Handles routine clerical and administrative support activities.
· Prepares correspondence for mailing; composes documents as necessary. Also prepares documents for sending to outside organizations that work with or wish to work with the IAFF Foundation.
· Enters accounts receivable items such as checks into IAFF’s accounting system and routes such receivables for deposit. Sends/transmits acknowledgement for donations.
Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission
· High School Graduate; Associate Degree or Bachelors helpful. Knowledge, skills, and abilities should include:
· Knowledge and experience with complex administrative tasks that include working in a busy office (executive level preferred), including financial functions.
· Good to excellent ability in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) Experience with enterprise accounting systems such as ReqLogic, KwikTag, and Concur helpful.
· Knowledge of unions or other advocacy organizations.
· Ability to handle multiple program activities, meeting established timelines.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to follow established procedures in completing work assignments and projects.
· Ability to analyze information and make sound logical conclusions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, and those in traditionally disadvantaged groups.
International Association of Fire Fighters
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters represents more than 320,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS practitioners in more than 3,500 local affiliates.
1750 New York AvenueWashington, DC
BusinessView all jobs at International Association of Fire Fighters