Member Services Coordinator / Receptionist
International Association of Fire Chiefs Chantilly, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Member Services Coordinator / Receptionist is responsible for providing daily general and administrative support to the association by greeting all IAFC visitors and guests in person at IAFC Headquarters, as well as serving as the main point of contact for members and others who call into the association’s main phone line. As the first IAFC staff member to greet a caller or guest to the IAFC, this individual will be responsible for imparting a professional, responsible, and friendly image of the association. This position will need to assist callers’ requests to the greatest extent possible. Since the IAFC is a member-driven association, the majority of calls that come into the association are from our members. This position assists in responding to member inquiries received via the telephone, emails, and through the U.S. mail. Additionally, this position will also be responsible for the following:
- Procurement of office supplies
- Maintaining and updating IAFC staff directories
- Processing the distribution of incoming mail and the processing of outgoing mail and packages
- Full phone coverage during operating hours
- Processing individual membership payment requests received via the telephone, as well as membership applications and renewals
- Assisting on special projects/programs as assigned, working in conjunction with the Member Services Specialist as well as other staff
BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS OF INCUMBENT:
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent communicator who enjoys a busy, customer service atmosphere and is a self-directed team player. Must have the ability to learn quickly, handle multiple tasks, maintain a can-do personality, and be flexible. The incumbent must be personable, positive, tactful, diplomatic, and capable of handling difficult and demanding callers in a respectful and professional manner, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Excellent database and payment processing skills, particularly with member database and Customer Relation Management (CRM) systems. Training will be provided as necessary.
- Extensive experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office 365, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent time-management skills and detail oriented.
Relevant Experience: Minimum two years of experience in a professional environment with an emphasis on customer care or member services, preferably with a non-profit association.
The IAFC provides excellent benefits and supports work/life balance. For consideration, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the subject line as follows: Last name, first name -- Member Services Coordinator / Receptionist. The IAFC is an equal opportunity employer.
International Association of Fire ChiefsWhy Work Here?
The IAFC provides excellent benefits and supports work/life balance. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), is the nation's premiere fire service organization. For the past 148 years, the IAFC has provided leadership, education and support to chief fire officers and emergency services managers. The IAFC represents the leadership of firefighters and emergency responders worldwide. Our members are the world's leading experts in firefighting, emergency medical services, terrorism response, hazardous materials spills, natural disasters, search and rescue, and public safety policy. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an organization that supports our first responders who commit themselves to protecting our communities daily.
4795 Meadow Wood LaneChantilly, VA