Internship: Student Clerical Trainee
- The Pathways Program offers federal internship and employment opportunities for current students, recent graduates and those with an advanced degree. There are three different paths available:
- The Internship Program is for current students. If you’re a current student in high school, college, trade school or other qualifying educational institution, you may be eligible. This program offers paid opportunities to work in federal agencies and explore federal careers while completing your education.
- The Pathways Internship Program combines a temporary opportunity to earn a competitive salary while learning about federal service. Interns gain valuable, resume- building work experience and opportunities to foster networking relationships. If you are seeking a diploma/degree, possess outstanding communication skills and are looking for an opportunity to challenge your teambuilding skills, then this opportunity is for you
As an Student Trainee NTE Intern you will:
- Receive, record, sort, batch, associate, control, stage, collect, mail, extract and distribute incoming/outgoing work.
- Maintain, update, and purge suspense/closed files; examine and perfect documents; determine header data and number return/documents
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks using an automated system which involves: inputting, assigning, maintaining, monitoring, or updating work status and inventory records; administering and performing other support activity.
- Assist technician/specialist in collecting, organizing and maintaining program and/or functional documentation and materials.
- In the Internship Program you may qualify based solely on education, experience or a combination of both. You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
- GS-1 LEVEL: To qualify for the grade 1 level, you must be 16 years of age, this is the minimum age allowed for Federal employment.
- GS-02 Level: You must have 3 months of general work experience reflecting responsible clerical, office, or other work that is related to the position to be filled. OR
- You may substitute a high school diploma or equivalent.
- GS-03 Level: You must have 6 months of general work experience reflecting responsible clerical, office, or other work that is related to the position to be filled. ORYou may substitute 1 academic year of post-high school study leading to a bachelor's degree.
- - The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- - To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
- In addition to the above requirements, you MUST meet the definition of a STUDENT for the duration of your appointment as follows: An individual accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree/diploma (high school, college (4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate) in a qualifying and accredited educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled), including awardees of the Harry S. Truman Foundation Scholarship Program under Public Law 93–842. Students need not be in actual physical attendance, so long as all other requirements are met. An individual who needs to complete less than the equivalent of half an academic/vocational or technical course-load immediately prior to graduating is still considered a student for purposes of this Program. For more information on the education requirements go to Treasury’s Pathways Program.
- GPA: Every semester, you must maintain good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. An academic year of undergraduate education is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in an accredited college or university.
- A complete application includes
- 1. A resume
- 2. Vacancy question responses
- 3. Provide proof of education (transcripts)
- 4. Submission of any required documents.
- Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
Compensation, Benefits & First Year Avg. Earnings:
- $23,094 - $36,830
- Part-Time - Internship Not To Exceed (NTE) 90 days but may be extended without further posting.
- Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work and competitive salaries;
- Flexible work schedules;
- For full-time employees - 10 paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year;
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- ** Generally, as a temporary Intern, you may become eligible for health and life insurance benefits once you have continuously employed for more than one year. Specific benefits information will be provided upon selection.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
Meet With Hiring Managers on February 12th!
Wednesday, February 12th
10:00am – 1:00pm
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
6000 Middle Fiskville Road
Austin, TX 78752
Thank you for your interest in this online ad. By applying and submitting your resume to this opportunity, you are agreeing to opt in and receive emails, phone calls and text messages regarding job opportunities in your area. "I agree to receive reoccurring text msgs. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help, msg&data rates may apply."