Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world\-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment\. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible\.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver\.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here \.
This position provides and oversees a variety of semi\-routine clerical and specialized administrative functions generally of a critical or confidential nature for one or two small departments, clinics, or mid\-level managers and may be assigned administrative or support related projects that are narrow in scope and complexity\. This role is assigned to those with a primary responsibility to provide traditional administrative support such as preparing and composing correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc\. This position screens telephone calls, receives and directs visitors, resolves routine inquiries, schedules and maintains calendar of appointments and schedules, prepares and distributes minutes of meetings, and operates a personal computer and appropriate software to create documents, presentations, etc\.
Essential Job Duties
- 1\. Performs a variety of clerical functions to assist the department manager in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing department day\-to\-day functions and goals\.
- 2\. Greets customers, receives and screens incoming calls, answers routine inquiries, and routes calls to appropriate individual in a courteous and efficient manner\.
- 3\. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork to patients and customers\. Responds to requests for information and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and completed correctly and efficiently\.
- 4\. Collects information, compiles data from one or more sources, searches and investigates information, and makes and checks routine calculations for specified forms, report formats, presentations, or other documents requiring specific knowledge of functional operations\. Proof\-reads and completes documents, checking for accuracy\.
- 5\. Enters data and manages information in a database\. Maintains complex files and records\. Maintains and updates department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department information\.
- 6\. Types memos, correspondence, forms, reports, and other documents from rough drafts using professional business writing standards\. May prepare first draft\.
- 7\. Prepares, sends, sorts, and distributes mail\.
- 8\. Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines, printers and copiers\. Ensures the office equipment and facility/work area is in proper working condition\. Contacts the appropriate service provider \(i\.e\. housekeeping, computer support, or office equipment vendor\) to resolve any issues that arise\. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed\.
- 9\. Prioritizes and manages leaders' calendars to ensure business objectives are met\. Schedules and confirms appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements\. Uses judgment in matters affecting supervisor's calendar\.
- 10\. Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas, reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering, and recording and distributing minutes\. Sets up and trouble shoots phone, video, and web conferencing\.
- 11\. Orders, stocks, monitors, and maintains adequate office and other supply inventory levels\.
- 12\. Investigates simple assigned problems including research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques\.
- 13\. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and customers while remaining positive and professional\. When needed, escalates issues to the appropriate staff member\.
- 14\. May provide medical transcription for clinical staff\. Transcribes medical reports\.
- 15\. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate submission of payroll information\.
- 16\. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing processes according to policy\.
- Entry Rate: $16\.26
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M\-F Varied Shift between 7:15 am to 5:15 pm
- Department: Psychiatry
- Experience using advanced computer skills\. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating presentations, and using multimedia content\.
- Experience in an office setting or working in a clerical position with customer service, keyboarding, and data entry responsibilities\.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills\.
- Demonstrated basic math skills\.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information\.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands\.
- See and read computer monitors and documents\.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment\.
- Post high school education such as college courses or trade school courses with business or computer subject matter
- Experience working in a healthcare setting\.
- Medical terminology experience\.
- One year of experience with medical transcription\.
- Experience with spreadsheets and presentation software\.
- iCentra PowerChart
- One year of medical office experience
All positions subject to close without notice\. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information\.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Childrens at Wasatch Canyons
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time