Intermex is a leading processor of money transfer services in the U.S. to Latin America and the Caribbean. We are licensed in all 50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico through more than 6, 000 independent agents and 33 branches. Become a part of the Intermex team and apply. We offer great benefits and employee perks!
Responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Corporate Treasury function. This role is primarily focused on cash management, bank and payer reconciliations, cash flow projections, electronic payments, respond to audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions as assigned. This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the daily cash flow management and analysis across multiple entities to determine cash liquidity needs or surplus. Execute debt borrowings and repayments as needed.
- Responds to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the banks directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date and any other operation from the area.
- Creates FX Position for Mexico, Guatemala & other countries as needed. Calculate daily FX Position needs, Cash, Tom and Spot based on expected sales.
- Process electronic payments to vendors and payers. Wire transfers and ACH processing.
- Performs payers and bank reconciliations.
- Provides analytical support on projects as well as ad-hoc requests, as required.
- Backup of other core treasury functions as assigned
- Performs all other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in finance, accounting or related field.
- 2 years of experience (preferred) in treasury/cash management, accounting, finance environment or the equivalent with at least two years internship in related field.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Applications (MS outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual English/ Spanish – verbally and written required
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage completing deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-line banking platforms (CashPro, CEO, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Mission, Vision & Values - To be the preferred provider of money transfer services, both in the United States and in Latin America. Focused on excellence, we always strive to provide unsurpassed quality and customer service.
Now, Intermex brings money transfers online – making the whole process quicker, easier and more secure. Intermex recognizes that the way people use money is changing so we are pleased to offer our online money transfer service in addition to our in person services. Our goal is to get your money – to your recipient – however they want it – whenever they need it.
History – Intermex was founded in 1994, beginning operations in the states of Washington and Oregon. In 1996 we expanded operations to Florida, opening our corporate headquarters in Miami. By 2014 Intermex was licensed to operate in over 49 states consolidating its position as one of the leading money transfer companies to Latin America, continuously outpacing the market growth.