Early Childhood - Executive Director
The Executive Director (ED) is head of Interlake Child Care and Learning Center, serving as the public face of the school and directing all operations, including finance.The ED is holder of the organization's mission and pedagogy, providing strategic direction with the board and leading with vision, equity, and integrity.The ED fosters a safe and nurturing environment that encourages children’s social and emotional development and instills a sense of wonder and excitement about learning and creativity.
The Executive Director of Interlake creates an inclusive and vibrant community with families and young children. Interlake’s loving environment and anti-bias and culturally relevant curriculum inspires children to grow into competent, confident and compassionate citizens of the world. Leadership responsibilities include:
- Ensure that our children receive the highest quality care available. Align our programming to keep children at the center of all we do.
- Cultivate an anti-racist, anti-bias, equity-forward culture for all members of the community.
- Foster a culture and environment that provides ongoing professional development and learning for Interlake’s staff.
- Nurture positive relationships with Interlake’s children, families, staff, board and community.
- Promote and maintain a sense of belonging among staff, families, and visitors.
- Provide integrated support and resources for Interlake’s families.
- Proactively and professionally communicate to all key stakeholders.Transparently share information with families, key members of our community, teachers and staff.
- Serve as an Ex-Officio member of the Interlake Board of Directors and partner with the Board to develop shared objectives, facilitate meetings and support the governance for the organization.
Working in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will help to set a vision and direction, developing our strategic plan and setting the stage for our future growth and development.In particular, the ED will:
- Establish a strategic plan for Interlake that aligns with our primary customers, while considering market demand for childcare in our community.
- In partnership with the board, represent Interlake in our community, and grow and maintain positive and proactive relationships with partners and community members.
- Understand market conditions and guide the Board and administration team in making solid business decisions based on analysis, connection and commitment to serving our community.
Operations and Administration:
The Executive Director will work in partnership with Board leadership to ensure that Interlake operates as a financially sound business with strong administration, compliance and operations practices.These duties include:
- Develop the annual budget for Interlake, and design regular reporting tools that help the Board and leadership team manage our business. Ensure the organization operates efficiently within our budget.
- Lead fundraising, grant, and development efforts to further diversify income streams.
- Ensure a strong administrative infrastructure (HR, IT/Technology, Finance, and Legal/Compliance) that supports our current operations and positions the organization for long term growth and stability.
- Manage relationships and communication with current and prospective families. Oversee the enrollment process and annual transitions.
- Effectively motivate, support, and supervise the administrative team
- With administrative team, lead efforts in recruiting, hiring, supervising and motivating a culturally diverse, well-trained and engaged staff. Ensure staff have clear, consistentperformance measurements and arecompensatedfairly for their work.
- Ensure that Interlake maintains care and education standards that meet or exceed all Department of Children, Youth and Families and other state guidelines.Oversee process for ongoing certification and compliance with and for quality rating and licensing.
Interlake Child Care Learning Center is a special place with a community of families, children, staff and supporters.We are looking for a unique leader who shares our values and enthusiasm for our work.Specifically, we are seeking:
- Five or more years of relevant leadership experience with a focus on early childhood/child development or education, including managing a budget and financial accountability.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education or applicable field
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Belonging (DEIAB) through past job experience, personal activism, or other pertinent experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with a board of directors.Able to manage board relationships in a diplomatic and professional manner, and ability to escalate high priority issues as needed.
- Background working with national and state accreditation and licensing processes.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with our teachers and administrative staff to help them succeed.
- Consistent with Interlake’s culture, our Executive Director will bring a commitment to learning and growth for themselves and the staff.
- A firm belief and commitment to engage families and staff equitably and with culturalawareness andhumility.
- Demonstrated commitment to building long term community connections to support Interlake.
- Successful revenue generation experience, including grants and fundraising opportunities
- Ability to effectively review, analyze and present business and financial information to help the organization make the best decisions.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences: parent, staff, Board and community partners. Ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with each of these audiences.
- Strong aptitude for delegation and prioritization, with a clear understanding of risk and impact.
- Genuineinterestfor and commitment to children and the value of early learning in child development.
- Must successfully complete a background checkand comply with licensing regulations
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. Ifyou have 75% of the qualifications listed we encourage you to apply. Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, which helps build the competencies, knowledge, and skills that translate directly to our openings. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered for the position.
This is a full-time, year-round exempt position.Interlake offers generous benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Short-term Disability, ADD Insurance, voluntary vision insurance, voluntary Long-term Life Insurance and additional ADD Insurance, Simple IRA, PTO (paid time off), and paid Holidays.
Interlake Child Care and Learning Center does not discriminate in enrollment or hiring practices. This includes discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Interlake Childcare and Learning Center
4927 Green Lake Way NSeattle, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.