Under the general direction and supervision of the Chief Finance Officer, this position oversees the day-to-day activities, work production and flow of patient registration and scheduling, including obtaining insurance information, Schedule of Discount eligibility, onsite fee payment and registration and scheduling employees. Performs registration and scheduling duties.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Business Administration, Applied Science Medical Assisting or Certificate in Medical Reception preferred.
One-year recent experience in an equivalent setting or two years recent customer service experience required. One-year recent supervisory experience required. One-year recent experience working with Practice Management Systems or Electronic Health Records preferred. Experience working in an outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- Interviews, orients, trains, supervises, monitors, evaluates, and as necessary, coaches registration and scheduling employees.
- Manages, directly supervises, monitors, reports on and evaluates the Center’s registration and scheduling activities, including all processes of registration, scheduling, insurance collection and Schedule of Discount eligibility, on-site fee collections, and charge posting.
- Completes weekly employee schedules and duty assignments; ensures adequate staff coverage in accordance with Board adopted hours of operation.
- Working with supervisors assists in monitoring patient flow.
- Monitors waiting room to ensure patient wait time is within standard.
- Problem solves with Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Staff Coordinator, Chief Dental Officer, Dental Program Coordinator, Operations Officer, Chief Finance Officer and Chief Executive Officer as applicable.
- Oversees and manages customer behaviors and satisfaction in registration and scheduling.
- Ability to perform Patient Registration I, II and III and Scheduler; performs registration and scheduling duties as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure regulatory and agency compliance with standards, policies and procedures including the HIPAA.
- Oversees housekeeping including inspections of front of facility, entrances, waiting room and applicable common areas during Center’s hours of operation to ensure cleanliness and safety.
- Coordinates and produces activity reports as needed.
- Reviews, updates and develops protocols and procedures specific to area of operation.
- Coordinates with finance department billing and collections.
- Integrates work with other employees to ensure timely, accurate patient flow.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Participates in meetings
- Complies with Center’s policies and procedures.
- Utilizes personal computer and specialized office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent customer service skills.
Competent in working with racially and ethnically diverse populations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated professional experience in office procedures.
Technically proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel, Power Point).
Thorough knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong attention to detail, decision making and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Knowledge of family practice operations preferred.
Position is based in the City of Fairbanks; however, position responsibilities may require travel both within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) and Denali Borough. Use of personal vehicle is required for travel; therefore, a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and registration is required.