Under direction and supervision of the Operations Officer, this position implements a variety of ancillary support activities for the medical department.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One-year recent medical or dental experience in an outpatient setting preferred. Certified Nurse Aide license or experience may substitute. Cultural competence in working with diverse populations required.
1. Oversees the clinical areas in the medical department to include terminal cleaning and stocking of the 17 exam rooms, the treatment room, and other patient care areas weekly.
2. Orders, receives, inventories, distributes, stocks, and maintains an adequate inventory of approved medical supplies, approved medications, vaccines, and laundry.
3. Performs daily, weekly, and monthly quality control including daily recording of refrigerator/freezer temperature logs, daily quality control of point of care test kits and machines, etc.
4. Assists Operations Officer and Clinical Staff Coordinator with compliance activities, which includes:
· Obtaining material safety data sheets on all new products received and in use at the clinic;
· Maintaining the written hazard communication labels and logs; as outlined in the protocols and hazardous waste plan
· Receiving, logging, labeling, storing, and tracking purchased and donated medications; and
· Receiving, logging, storing, and alerting the appropriate provider’s Clinical Support Staff II/III of Patient Assistance medications.
5. Organizes and cleans medication room, maintains medication logs and inventories, and reports discrepancies via the incident protocol.
6. Cleans, packages, and sterilizes instruments using appropriate techniques.
7. Stocks and maintains employee Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other facility supplies (e.g. patient gowns, provider coats, scrubs, floor mats, etc.) including laundering of patient gowns and towels.
8. Participates in ongoing continuous quality improvement activities.
9. Complies with the Center’s policies and procedures.
10. Integrates work with other employees to ensure timely and accurate patient supplies and flow.
11. Participates in meetings.
12. Uses medical equipment.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Current computer skills.
Knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure.
Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Position is based in the City of Fairbanks; however, position responsibilities may require travel both within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) and Denali Borough. Position may require working occasional evenings and weekends.