This position provides behavioral health services to an ethnically diverse patient population across the lifespan.
Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, Education, and/or related field; licensure in State of Alaska Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Counselor.
Experience in delivering interdisciplinary services to medically under served populations and cultural competency.
1. Provides risk assessments of behavioral health conditions (e.g. PHQ9, NIDA Quick Screen, etc.) and brief interventions for purpose of advising primary care provider, referral to psychiatrist and/or other appropriate level of care.
2. Consults with primary care providers to improve patient functioning and health status.
3. Provides patient care within scope of services.
4. Leads individual behavioral health and health promotion interventions.
5. Coordinates care with center and community providers to ensure delivery of integrated comprehensive primary care services.
6. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
7. In conjunction with staff participates in revision of center’s policies and procedures.
8. Remains current with standards of mental and behavioral health practice.
9. Complies with corporation’s policies and procedures.
10. Utilize specialized office equipment.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of methods of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical, mental and behavioral health conditions.
Knowledge of the problems and dynamics in treating medically under served populations.
Proficiency in computer skills.
Thorough knowledge of use of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work as successful primary health care team member.
Position is based in the City of Fairbanks; however, position responsibilities may require travel both within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) and Denali Borough. Use of personal vehicle is required for travel; therefore, a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance is required. Position may require working occasional evenings and weekends.