Under the general direction and supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, this position provides professional administrative services and assistance, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. Supports Chief Executive Officer in day-to-day business by finding resources and information, revising documents with quick turnarounds for imminent deadlines, etc.
High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or Certificate in Office Management or related field preferred.
Two years’ experience in an administrative office role, with a minimum of one year as an Executive Assistant.
- Report to work as scheduled, on time and prepared to start working. Remain at work for their entire work schedule.
- Word-processes correspondence, policies and procedures, grant proposals, meeting agenda’s, minutes and other documents.
- Maintains filing systems, data bases and records.
- Schedules, supports and coordinates materials, food, etc. for corporate meetings.
- Arranges for, tracks, and processes corporate travel per policy and procedure.
- Assists with grant and proposal projects.
- Screens and routes Administrative calls and visitors.
- Backs up as needed on-site arrangements and files for corporate vendors including facility, grounds, marketing and advertising.
- Cleans up after meetings and events.
- Picks up and drops off correspondence with community agencies.
- Complies with center’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in meetings.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Knowledge of common office equipment (copier, fax, printer, scanner, etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Strong analytical, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Position is based in the City of Fairbanks; however, position responsibilities may require travel both within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) and Denali Borough. Use of personal vehicle is required for travel; therefore, a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance is required. Position may require working occasional evenings and weekends.