##### Branch of Human Services, Rocky Mountain Region
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/02/2019 to 09/30/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$62,236 to $80,912 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Billings, MT 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes ,You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
##### Telework eligible
Yes as determined by agency policy
- Duties ------
The Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applicants throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the OCA register and referred for consideration as vacancies occur. The system automatically populates your Eligibility Begin Date when your application is rated and your Eligibility End Date is calculated based on the start of the 6-month period of eligibility. You must reapply to keep your application active. First cut off will be Tuesday, July 9th, 2019.
Learn more about this agency
- Assists the Regional Social Worker Supervisor in planning, developing and monitoring child/adult protection. - Asses the need for and monitors supervised Individual Indian Money accounts (IIM). - Provide child welfare, protective services to abused, neglected, dependent children/adults, and improve services to families. - Assist with conducting evaluation of agency and tribal contracted Social Serves programs.
### Travel Required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0185 Social Work
#### Similar jobs
- Child Social Workers - Social Workers - Social Workers, Child
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Indian Preference applies - You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit - You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period - A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. - If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. - Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record within the 3 year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607.
**Individual Occupational Requirements:** **Basic Requirements:** **Degree:** social work. Must fulfill all of the requirements for the master's degree in social work in a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. **Master's degree with practicum:** Applicants who complete all of the requirements for a master's degree in social work that included a practicum are eligible for GS-9.
In addition to meeting the basic entry qualification requirements, applicants must have specialized experience and/or directly related education shown below:
**GS-11:** **General:** None. **Education:** 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. **Specialized Experience:** 1 year equivalent to at least GS-9.
**Specialized Experience:** Specialized experience demonstrates the applicants' ability to independently and with little supervision assist with services aimed at Child and Family Services. Assess/investigate child and adult protections referrals through home visits, and personal interviews with the child or adult and relevant individuals or resources. Provide counseling to youth and adults, adult care givers, and provide family welfare or referral services to address poor housing conditions, unemployment, domestic violence and other traumatic home situations. Make recommendations for the supervision of supervised Individual Indian money (IIM) accounts and the release of funds from IIM accounts. Establish a helping relationship with voluntary and involuntary clients in stressful situations.
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.**
If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society.
One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION
### Additional information
This position is at the full performance level of the GS-11.
TELEWORK: Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for situational telework.
A student loan repayment has been authorized. Student loan repayment up to $10,000 per year with a limit of $60,000. And is at Management's discretion.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses has been authorized in accordance with agency policy, and at Management's discretion.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee\_guides/career\_transition.asp .
Under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) two groups of individuals are eligible to apply under this announcement: current and/or former employees serving or who have served under time-limited competitive appointments at land management agencies. Land Management Agencies include: Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service.
- Current appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; AND 3) must have performed at an acceptable level during each period of service. - Former appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; 3) must have separated for reasons other than misconduct or performance; AND 4) must have performed at an acceptable level through the service period.
Certain candidates may be eligible to apply under a special hiring authority including those for disabled individuals, Peace Corps employees, Foreign Service employees, veterans, etc. For more information, visit the following OPM websites: USAJOBS Information Center: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/; Vets Info Guide: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. Most individuals who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will be evaluated against the minimum qualification requirements specified above. In order to qualify, your resume must specifically describe your work history and the duties you performed in each position. Your resume will be evaluated after the closing date of 09/30/2019 to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Qualified candidates will then be rated as best qualified, well qualified, or qualified depending on their possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies and experience requirements as demonstrated by your responses to the assessment questions. Competencies measured include:
- Ability to Prepare Concise , Accurate Case Records, and Ability to Follow up on Required Action. - Knowledge in Dealing with Child Abuse/Neglect, Crisis, and Ability to Counsel with Families. - Knowledge of Basic Concepts and Standards of Social Work Practices. - Skill in Communication Concerning Program Issues with Individuals, and Groups. Orally and in Writing.
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If the information in your resume does not support your responses to the assessment questions, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications.
Qualified Indian preference candidates will be referred to the hiring manager in order of veterans' preference.
You may preview the assessment questions here in the https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10534434. Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur in the same location within 90 days from the closing date.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Moderate Risk (MR)
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume which details work experience including dates worked (mm/yy-mm/yy), position title, Grade (if federal service), and hours worked per week. - On-line Assessment Questionnaire - Most recent SF-50 (if applying under merit promotion. Be sure your SF-50 displays your tenure in box 24, your position in box 34, and that the SF-50 is not an award) - Transcripts (if using education to qualify) - Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, an official transcript may be requested at a later time. - Veteran's documentation - (if applicable) VA letter on VA letterhead stating your overall combined rating, SF-15, DD-214 (copy 4) reflecting an honorable discharge and dates of active duty military service. - Special Appointing Authority documentation (if applying under a special hiring authority) - BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference) - Performance Appraisal (if applying under the Land Management Flexibility Act)
If you are applying as a VEOA candidate, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 and your letter from the VA reflecting an honorable discharge and that you either completed three years of active duty service or are a preference eligible. For more information see: https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx\#veoa.
If you are unable to apply online, require reasonable accommodation in the application process if you are an applicant with a disability, or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY **11:59 PM Eastern Time** ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package before you submit it.
**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED OR ACCEPTED BY THIS OFFICE.** #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login ); all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/ .
**PLEASE NOTE - NO APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA E-MAIL**.
### Agency contact information
### Connie Good Bear
BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional 2021 4th Avenue North Billings, MT 59101 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538394000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.