Engineering Equipment Operator - Open Continuous ================================================
##### Department of the Interior
Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
##### Colorado River Agency, Irrigation Operations & Maintenance Division
- ##### Open & closing dates
06/10/2019 to 12/31/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$25.17 to $29.38 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
Poston, AZ Many vacancies
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
This open continuous announcement is meant to fill Engineering Equipment Operators with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Colorado River Agency in Poston, Arizona. The Irrigation Project's mission is to collect and efficiently deliver the annual available water supply to water users for agricultural production on Project lands.
**This announcement is an open continuous announcement. All applicants applying will be reviewed every two weeks or upon Management's request.**
Learn more about this agency
Conduct routine maintenance and non-routine rehabilitation of project canals, lateral, structures, pipelines and drains.
Make decisions on work site with regard to completion of assigned work to determine priorities and the most effective steps of maintenance to equipment.
Maintain daily report of completed work; maintain records of labor use, equipment and materials.Perform construction equipment operations such as; clearing brush; constructing canal structures, laterals and ditches; cleaning, shaping and rebuilding canals.
Perform minor and preventative maintenance on equipment utilizing hand powered tools, mechanical tools, greasing devices, and other repair equipment.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
5716 Engineering Equipment Operating
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required - Indian Preference applies - You will be required to have federal payments made by Direct Deposit - You may be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period - A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. - If you are a male applicant born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency. - Incumbent is required to operate a government motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver's license, and have a safe driving record within the 3 year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607. - This position is subject to both pre-employment and random drug testing as a condition of employment. Applicants will not be appointed to the position if a verified positive drug test is received. - MUST Possess Commercial Driver License, Class A or B (dependent on endorsements). This is a requirement of the position, if selected you will required to complete a pre-employment verification of your CDL.
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; for additional information refer to the FWS qualifications link https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/\#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for all trade and labor occupations, you must meet any minimum experience or training requirements per OPM qualifications standards and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
**To qualify for this position, you must have sufficient knowledge and ability in the following job-related factors:**
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (SCREEN OUT) - Work practices - Safe Operation of Construction & Maintenance Equipment and motor vehicles. - Ability to interpret instructions, blueprints, specifications, etc.
If your knowledge and ability in the SCREEN OUT factor above is not sufficient, you will receive no further consideration. In preparing your application, describe in detail the experience and training which you have had that specifically prepared you for this job and to perform the duties described for this job. Experience should be clearly described and documented in your resume. The qualifications reviewer will not assume performance of such duties by job titles alone. Address your knowledge, skills, and/or abilities in the areas shown in the job-related factors.
**Physical Demands:** Applicants must demonstrate that they are fully capable of performing strenuous work. Position requires average or above average strength, ability, and muscular endurance to perform assigned duties. Frequently carries, lifts, and supports items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally objects weighing approximately 100 pounds.
**Working Conditions:** The work is predominately outdoors and will expose the incumbent to conditions of mildly hazardous duties such as driving on narrow roads to moderately hazardous work such as reviewing emergency type canal repairs, observation of construction equipment renovation, climbing steep rocky banks, slippery canal surfaces, and materials. The incumbent may be exposed to possible injury because of the risk associated with the operation of heavy equipment.
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.**
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION
### Additional information
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee\_guides/career\_transition.asp .
Under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) two groups of individuals are eligible to apply under this announcement: current and/or former employees serving or who have served under time-limited competitive appointments at land management agencies. Land Management Agencies include: Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service.
- Current appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; AND 3) must have performed at an acceptable level during each period of service. - Former appointees: 1) must have been hired under competitive examining procedures to a time limited appointment with a land management agency; 2) must have served under one or more time limited appointment(s) by a land management agency for a period totaling more than 24 months without a break in service of 2 or more years; 3) must have separated for reasons other than misconduct or performance; AND 4) must have performed at an acceptable level through the service period.
Certain candidates may be eligible to apply under a special hiring authority including those for disabled individuals, Peace Corps employees, Foreign Service employees, veterans, etc. For more information, visit the following OPM websites: USAJOBS Information Center: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/; Vets Info Guide: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/.
Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. Most individuals who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will be evaluated against the minimum qualification requirements specified above. In order to qualify, your resume must specifically describe your work history and the duties you performed in each position. Your resume will be evaluated after the closing date of 12/31/2019 to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Qualified candidates will then be rated as best qualified, well qualified, or qualified depending on their possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, competencies and experience requirements as demonstrated by your responses to the assessment questions. Competencies measured include:
- ELEMENT 25-A: Work Practices - ELEMENT 6-A: Safe Operation of construction & maintenance equipment and motor vehicles - ELEMENT 75-C: Ability to interpret instructions and specifications pertaining to equipment being operated. - ELEMENT A - ABILITY TO DO THE WORK OF THE POSITION WITHOUT MORE THAN NORMAL SUPERVISION (SCREEN-OUT)
We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If the information in your resume does not support your responses to the assessment questions, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications.
Qualified Indian preference candidates will be referred to the hiring manager in order of veterans' preference.
You may preview the assessment questions here in the https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10523379. Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur in the same location within 90 days from the closing date.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
##### Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
##### Trust determination process
- Required Documents ------------------
The following documents are required for this position:
- Resume which details work experience including dates worked (mm/yy-mm/yy), position title, Grade (if federal service), and hours worked per week. - On-line Assessment Questionnaire - Most recent SF-50 (if applying under merit promotion. Be sure your SF-50 displays your tenure in box 24, your position in box 34, and that the SF-50 is not an award) - Transcripts (if using education to qualify) - Unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, an official transcript may be requested at a later time. - Veteran's documentation - (if applicable) VA letter on VA letterhead stating your overall combined rating, SF-15, DD-214 (copy 4) reflecting an honorable discharge and dates of active duty military service. - Special Appointing Authority documentation (if applying under a special hiring authority) - BIA Form 4432 (if claiming Indian preference) - Performance Appraisal (if applying under the Land Management Flexibility Act)
If you are applying as a VEOA candidate, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 and your letter from the VA reflecting an honorable discharge and that you either completed three years of active duty service or are a preference eligible. For more information see: https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx\#veoa.
If you are unable to apply online, require reasonable accommodation in the application process if you are an applicant with a disability, or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY **11:59 PM Eastern Time** ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. If your application package is incomplete in any way, you will not be considered for this position, and requests for extensions will not be granted. Please double check your application package before you submit it.
**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SOLICITED OR ACCEPTED BY THIS OFFICE.** #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login ); all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/ .
**PLEASE NOTE - NO APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA E-MAIL**.
### Agency contact information
### Connie Good Bear
BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional BIA Center for Recruitment Rocky Mountain Regional 2021 4th Avenue North Billings, MT 59101 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536968200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.