Interim HealthCare seeks a responsible Registered Nurse (RN) – Case Manager (Hospice) to join our team. We support Oakland, Wayne, and parts of Macomb County.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (Hospice) plans, organizes and directs hospice care under physician’s orders and in cooperation with the Director of Patient Care Services and other Interdisciplinary Group members. As described in the patient’s Plan of Care, the Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible for direct patient care that meets the needs of hospice patients, caregivers, and family members. Care is provided in the patient’s place of residence whether it is a private home, a residential care facility or a skilled nursing facility.
The Registered Nurse (RN) – Case Manager (Hospice) responsibilities include:
- Complete an initial, comprehensive, and ongoing assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluate patient’s status by writing and initiating a plan of care, regularly evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs and participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiate the plan of care and make necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develop a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assist the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitate the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
- Complete, maintain, and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding the patient’s condition and care given. Record pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicate with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and report changes in the patient’s condition; obtain/receive physicians’ orders as required.
- Communicate with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager (Hospice) requirements include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse (RN) license and CPR certification.
- Three (3) years of Case Manager experience and one (1) year of hospice care experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent observation, verbal, written communication skills, problem-solving skills, basic math skills, and nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Ability to manage your schedule effectively and efficiently.
Case Manager, Director Home Health, Private Duty, Administrator, Senior, Elderly, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Senior Housing, Alzheimers, Assisted Living, CCRC, Communities, Continuous Care Retirement Community, Independent Living, Term Care, Nursing Home, Retirement Communities, Retirement Homes, Senior Housing, Senior Living, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Administrator, Assistant Administrator, Administrator in Training, RN - R.N. - RNC - Registered Nurse - home healthcare – HIPAA - JCAHO - DOH - DHS - DCS – Compliance - home care – Long Term Care – LTC – Regional Nurse – Nurse Consultant - Quality Care - Day Shifts – Full Time - Novi, Michigan (MI)