Staff Accountant - $60,000
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for supporting the continuous improvement of the total quality of the branch/office as it relates to the management of the day to day office operations and the attention to financial matters that may include payroll, billing, cash flow analysis, projections, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable.
- Prepares the necessary documentation and reports for the processing of payroll.
- Manage Medicare payments, resolve rejects, and create journal entries.
- Manage Commercial Insurance payments, post to proper accounts, resolve rejects and adjustments, and create journal entries.
- Manages receivable aging by conducting research, initiating collection actions and adjusting cash postings.
- Accounts Payable processing including reviewing and coding vendor invoices and scheduling payments.
- Update cash flow analysis.
- Maintain projections spreadsheet with up-to-date data daily.
- Performs human resource functions as required.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards.
- Coordinates the maintenance of office machines; ensures necessary office supplies are in stock.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolve exceptions, errors and unusual items.
- Functions as a contact with other departments on company accounting issues.
- Helps in the preparation and distribution of bonus monies.
- Coordinates the repair and service of office telephone and computer systems.
- Medicare billing and tracking.
- Balance A/R in Kinnser weekly.
- Create Royalty reports and submit to corporate weekly.
- Census tracking and weekly audit.
- Verify, code and post sales expenses.
- Monthly, quarterly, and end-of-year processing.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited two (2) year accounting program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years experience in payroll, billing and collections, preferably in the health care industry.
- Demonstrated successful customer service skills including supervisory and training experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks, changing priorities, short deadlines and heavy workload.
- Excellent analytical skills including identifying issues and trends, summarizing financial and business data and preparing resolutions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Quickbooks
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Ability to sit in front of computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as needed.
- Physical activity is sedentary and may require occasional lifting or carrying up to 10 lbs.
Interim Healthcare - Houston
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Interim Healthcare - Houston